Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Lanterns.

We need lanterns for next weekend.  Autumn Moon Festival.  I'm normally way ahead of this.  Today I woke up knowing we need the lanterns built today.

So, an hour and a half later, Ta Da.

Jia did her own tracing and helped build it.  Kai said no thank you politely but I made him come back and hold it so I could staple it together.  Luk picked his picture out and helped hold things.  Lili and Fei aren't up yet.  Hopefully they appreciate my effort. 

Jia has lost both of our hole punches.  So today's chores include getting another one and some battery tea lights so we can finish the lanterns. 

Update.  The lights were fabulous in the dark, might be some of the best lanterns yet.

While in craft mode I carried on and did the boys kindergarten homework.  I was almost tempted to let them do it on their own.  There was no chance they could manage though.  Took Eric and I over an hour.  Can I just say again how against any and all homework I am.  Did the boys gain any thing from the project? Nope.  Did Eric and I learn anything? Nope.  Just more busy work.  Was it fun? Nope.

Luk, Kai, Jia, Fei and Lili.
I've darkened Luk's robot.
I realized afterwards that the banners on Luk's planes say Happy Birthday. Oops.