Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Keeping it real.

I wanted to try three vegan cookie recipes today.  Tweaking the tried and true recipes with applesauce instead of eggs.  1/4 cup applesauce plus 1/2 tsp baking powder per egg. WORKED! Spent three hours mostly peacefully puttering.  I don't find much time to bake. Eric was in and out.  Helped a bit.  Doing dishes between my batches.  The boys were sweet, playing quietly together. Lili was getting ready for work and happily munching some cookies.  Fei was in her room.  Peaceful.  And then entered Jia. Phew.  Our whirling dervish. She refused to eat breakfast.  Started her day by sneaking Halloween candy. Wouldn't turn her phone down. Bugging the boys.  Had us squacking at her first thing.  She won't/can't get herself under control until she eats.  She's too out of control to eat.  Story of her life.

I was trying to hold onto my bliss.  Keeping me back turned, ignoring her and rolling balls.  Envisioning putting Santa cookies in the freezer.  Plus a few bags for the assorted plates of treats I'll be asked to provide in December.  Happy to have a start.  Hoping there's room in the freezer.  Thinking I'll take a picture of all the cookies mounting up. I turn around and there is my darling girl, with her legs up on the table and her feet two inches away from the cookies!  Good Gawd!  Who raised her?!  I yelled immediatly and she left pretty darn quick. She came back and apologized after a few minutes so she might have actually had an ah ha moment. 

Finally got Jia to eat at lunch time. Pretty sure she only ate lunch to get the chocolate chip cookies. The ONLY cookie she will eat. She's calm now. Settled. 

Cookies are all done.  I've studied them closely and no dirt or dog hair was found on or near.  Will keep those ones for us.  Will bag up the ones from the counter for freezing.  Kids!

I'm hiding in the living room with my lunch, a corn dog, orange and foot cookies. Grimace.  

The little lovelies together. I tried getting closer for a better picture but Walter got too excited and came to me. I have no idea how people get good pet shots.