Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

BIG Happenings!

Look what we found!! 
Officially she is with us on a trial.  
Gramma got to meet her first.
My biggest hope was for a playmate and close confidant for Sasha.  So far Sasha is NOT impressed.  I do anticipate that changing.  In the meantime both Sasha and unnamed puppy are both cuddling.  
Daddy was enamoured immediately and already wants to name her Coco.  
Soooo fluffy.
Boys seemed pleased but not surprised.  Haha. Oh to grow up here!  
Lots of hands on deck for a first bath.  I thought she smelled fine.  Girls did not.  So I voiced my concern about tiny puppies getting chilled and Eric took right over.  She's been with him since.  He is the warmest person I know and he's even taken his shirt off for skin contact.  Love.  
Oh my she is tiny under all that puppy fluff.  2.2 lbs.  I don't have her birthdate confirmed yet but we think she is 3 months. Sasha was 2lbs at 4 months.
So cute.
Isabel was very excited to meet her.  Of course.  

I know some of you will want more info...
Last year when we picked out Sasha with a local breeder we were introduced to a lot of dogs.  Boys, girls, rescues, older ones and puppies.  It was simple for me I wanted Sasha.  Eric, Fei and Jia all wanted a different dog and then we met Zuuzuu.  Who was older and tiny and I loved her too but no one else wanted her.  Eric told me to pick.  It wasn't really a hard pick because I wanted Sasha but it was hard to juggle everyone's opinion and difficult to leave Zuuzuu behind.  Eric said take both.  Haha.  I was too chicken.  Months later I still think about Zuuzuu.  Joan had told me she gets picked on in the pack.  Now...I have been accused of being manipulative with Eric to get what I want.  I don't do it in a thought out evil plan way.  I'm aware that he will almost never tell me no if it's something I really want so I do try to respect the line.  I have mumbled many times about wanting Zuuzuu here with Sasha.  While on the holiday I did show Eric a picture of a three year old girl in China with the same needs as Luk.  He said no.  Then on the way home I saw a three year old german shepherd in Kelowna at the spca.  Her special needs would uniquely work for us.   I read her file to the family and we all admired her picture and he said maybe.  Then after a week of pandemic in the house I asked for Zuuzuu and he said yes. So, yes, could be manipulative if you look at the pattern but in Eric's mind, he said yes to Zuuzuu last June so he was just expecting this.  So I contacted Joan, told her I was ready for Zuuzuu and then she stopped talking to me.  We weren't sure what was happening.  Fei and I stopped in today.  Ya, Joan was avoiding me because she is super attached to Zuuzuu. Her partner had told me last week they had another tiny girl for us to meet.  Our hope was for Sasha to have a similar sized sister.  We were warned ahead of time that her eyes are too spaced apart which could indicate special needs, fluid on the brain, hydrocephalus, which Luk has.  That is how it all played out.  Perfect timing during our isolation to settle her in.  The breeder is placing lots of dogs right now.  I wasn't the only one thinking it was good timing!  There were two families there behind us.  All social distancing of course. Also, we saw Zuuzuu again who is doing great.  She is super attached to her Mommy and she doesn't need me so I can totally let that go.  Our new little one is the smallest in their pack and gets picked on so she does need us ;)  Our tiny pack of Isabel and Sasha won't pick on her.