Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Eric and I are up and ready for Easter fun.  The girls will sleep until noon.  Sigh.  The boys are up early but they have zero idea anything is up.  Which does make holding them off their baskets until the girls are up super easy.  Haha.  Perks.  
700 calories per bag.  Only I would figure that out.  
Even in a pandemic.  Thankyou Superstore.  
I had fun shopping on my one big grocery shop.  Then read later that someone spotted a shopper at Superstore browsing through the toy dept and buying  Easter goodies and they were horrified.  Yikes.  Was likely me.  Wasn't trying to offend or put anyone's life at risk!  Sorry, NOT sorry.  It's hard enough not being camping, or bunny hunting at Butchart, or riding the Easter train or eating out with friends. 
The school assignment was a picture with a bunny and an Easter egg.  :)  Classroom decorating.
First time ever, we (Eric at my behest) blew out the eggs.  Not sure how painting these delicate versions will work.  Then he made an egg scramble for Isabel because there were tiny bits of egg shell in the bowl.  
Eric and I delivered tomatoe plants to Sue and potting soil to Mom yesterday.  The tiny girls came with us.  The kids didn't want to go for a drive.  Wild.  I'm chomping at the bit to get going.  Totally stir crazy.  I was thrilled to be in the car, out in the sun.  We were social distanced.  Pups and I didn't get out of the car.  Eric did go into the 49th in Chemainus and got Kai his Cheerios.  
Front yard snacks are the best.  
Walter.  
They are happy to touch if they're on my lap.  Still haven't found them cuddling purposefully.
Fei's photo.  Best one of Coco yet. We likely don't need a leash and the kitten harness is way too big but better for her to get used to one.  She doesn't love it.  I've ordered tiny pink harnesses for them.  I do have the old rat harnesses here but they are misplaced somewhere between the house, moho and cars.  Sasha is really good about staying with me.  Much like Lacie was.  Coco is already starting to follow Sasha.  Plus, she doesn't move very fast.  

We've made it through week one of puppy hood.  It's going well.  She is a happy little thing.  She squirms like crazy when she sees anyone.  She has a big personality.  She scares easily and screams in fright and she runs to me to come up.  We've still got her in a kennel at night.  She pees and poops on a pad in there every night.  Until she can get up and down the stairs to our bed she'll stay in the kennel.  So far she isn't complaining about it.  When Eric opens the door in the morning she is beyond excited to see him.  Her tail wags knock her over.  She is doing exceptionally great about using the pee pads.  She has figured out some routines.  She's doing great with all of the critters.  If we can't find her she is almost always at the toy basket.