Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Day out with Luk

Girls were sleeping in, Kai hates outings so Luk got a day for himself.  We started with some bigger shoes and pants.  He got to be the cashier ;)

We did a couple boring chores so Eric dropped Luk and I at a dollar store.  He got his pick which until now has always been a toy or Pokemon cards.  This time he picked chips.  Sob.  They grow up way too fast. Normally we let the kid in the store buy surprises for the siblings not with us but we skipped this part.  Told Luk somethings really can be all about him.
We had an appointment to go look at this beauty.  Ticked a lot of boxes with extras like an ice machine, dishwasher, washer/dryer, solared with satellite and fancy all around cameras.  The right new engine.  All for a too good to be true price.  However, it had a cat live in it that destroyed all soft surfaces it could.  Just not as nice inside as I would prefer.  Eric says we could gut it and make it work but I'm not excited about that.  So close.  
A manly harness for the little guy.  It was still too big so Eric modified it, still too big though.  So for now he's stuck with Lacies old purple daisy patterned girly girl one.  
Yesterday's nap cuddled with Walter.
This mornings nap super close to Coco.  Pup has no issues with anyone.  Coco however is NOT impressed with this foster brother situation at all.  So this was a big moment.

The puppy has slept through the night with me twice now!  No more night time drama. He has a vet appointment Thursday.  Hoping to start him on some meds for his hydrocephalus and discuss neutering options.  

Have had lots of people confused about why I have ANOTHER hydro puppy.  Well, first, with toy breeds and especially squash faced breeds and most particularly apple head Chihuahuas and Japanese Chins this need is extremely prevelant.  Most breeders put these pups down.  So we rarely even hear about them. Our breeder prefers to give them a chance.  Our vet says often Chihuahuas grow into their hydrocephalus.  Coco has grown into hers.  That can change at any time but she is currently med and symptom free.  Rosie had vision issues and was circling, she is on meds and it has helped her.  Noticeably.  Coleman isn't displaying any symptoms but the open spots on his head are huge.  I'd like him on meds to see if we can reduce his head size.  At this point it's clear he would be at a significant risk of head injury that could be catastrophic for him.  

Having to be careful with tiny dogs isn't unusual, we should all be careful with all tiny dogs anyways.  They simply are more vulnerable just by their size alone.

And then...why do I have them?  Because Luk has the same special need.  So when I met the breeder to get a sister for Sasha I was there to pick up Zuzu who is a year older than Sasha, and I adore her.  But she hated me.  So we were offered Coco and when Fei and I heard about her need we said ok.  I didn't know Rosie was still there.  Coco had been deemed the one in more need of extra care.  She did seize and seized in my arms, that was scary.  Happy to report she no longer has seizures.

I was asked to take Rosie by the breeder.  Now, we have been asked again to take Coleman.  She knows I'm a soft heart (sucker) for the underdog. I can easily accept special needs on an animal.  They're easy.  They have no agenda.  We can just offer up the best we can for as long as they need.  Coleman is a great little dog.  He'll be just perfect for someone.  Plus, what is more fun than getting to love on puppies?!
Nap number two of the day, he's trying to sneak in quietly for snuggles with Sasha and Walter.  This is my life.  Now, if only I could have a mid morning nap too.  
And he's in.  
Nap 14 or so?
Nap 47ish.  I myself still no nap.  Haha.  House is too busy.  The dogs are on high alert ready to freak every time the door opens.  Mo. Ordered pizza for us all today and the dogs were seriously ready to protect us all from the delivery girl. 
How?  How are they napping again?  It's 8pm.  I think they're on the 100th nap for the day.  This is the pre-bedtime nap.