Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, April 24, 2021

What?!

Why, yes, those are drilled holes in the ceiling of the living room to let the water out from a bathroom flood.  Seriously.  Said child doesn't want their name mentioned in the making of this flood.  Haha.  I will say it wasn't Kai.  The shower overflowed and went unnoticed.  Said child wouldn't have had to use my shower upstairs if a different Said child hadn't picked all the grout out of the main floor tub surround.  Why did they do that? Who knows.  
This arrived as I was taking the kids to school.  The driveway project has begun.  Right as the dump truck arrived, Eric popped out the front door, left it open and Coco escaped.  Wild moments trying to catch her.  She came to work with me.  Eric asked Lili later to check on Sasha and Finn. He didn't mention Coco.  She thought that was odd but didn't question it.  Then realized Coco wasn't here.  She woke up Fei and they searched and searched.  Even getting Isabel and Sasha outside to search.  They walked the road.  Lili was despondent.  Finally called Eric and he let her know she was with me.  Poor girls, massively stressful morning.  I had told the family that I think I'll rotate the Chihuahuas to work so two are home together with Isabel and I can easily manage one at a time in the office.  
Home to this sight.  I hate change.  No.  I hate the process of change. This looks really messy and like way too much gravel.  
But this got to happen.
Such concentration.
Lots of big smiles.  Luk and I tried to get Kai to have a turn but he said no thanks.  Lili was keen though.  If she does take a turn I hope I'm around to take a picture ;)

Three days of meds for Finn and I feel there is improvement already.  Very exciting.  There was also a lot of vomiting, really hoping that's over with. He seems better. Full of energy. Doing amazing with his potty training.  Playing more.  Starting occasional zoomies. Best of all, he's figured out 'down' on the couch ramp so we can stop moving him to the pee pad every two hours.  Independence!

Isabel had an additional test.  Inconclusive and not connected to her initial problem.  So on a liver supplement.  She eats it like a treat. Then a retest in a few weeks.

Lili and Fei are registered for their vaccine.

Lili did her last exam yesterday.  Has two more papers to finish and turn in on Monday then is done 1st year university.

Fei is almost done her first bio university course.  Still no acceptance to nursing.  She has one high-school class for this last term.  Art.  I think she should drop it and be done but she likes seeing her friends and wants to enjoy this last bit of high-school.  No word on what graduation looks like this year.  So much wait and see.

New travel restrictions in place.  Health orders. Lots of debate on how it's all interpreted.  Blah blah blah. 
My Disney game has a Star Wars event going and Luke, Leia, Hans and Chewbacca are joining my park.  Stupid exciting.  I don't get out much.  

Eric has the digger going and it beeps NON stop.  The neighbors must be annoyed.  At the same time Kai is in the basement with a whistle that he has been blowing NON stop for over half an hour.  I'd stop him but he just learned how to blow!!  So it's a pretty major accomplishment.  Luk and I are planning an escape today.  No one else wants to join us.  We don't have a plan yet.  I have to cook tonight so I've made a tentative meal plan that's simple to cook and I think everyone will eat.  Luk and I will at the very least be picking up groceries.  Right now I'm on the couch with three puppies who are all really enjoying nap one. So I won't move until someone else disturbs them.  Hillarious. Oh...first distraction...neighbors big dog barking
...Coco and Isabel have gone to investigate but Finn and Sasha not convinced it's an emergency.  Half trapped still.