Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Darned Protesters.

Arg. Arg.  Grrr.  
Lili, Jia and I took off today to hit Victoria. Jia is looking for pieces for her next cosplay outfit and I wanted to find Spiderman shirts for Eric and Luk. Kai already has one. Lili was along for the ride and lunch in Chinatown.
 The covidiots were out and we came upon their line up.  It looked small so we carried on. By the time we made it to Mill Bay it was clear they were slowing things down significantly.  Doing 60.  Zero chances to pass anyone.  Totally crippled the highway. I have so many foul things to say about the selfishness of a few.  They definitely don't represent my Canada. When we got to the top of the Malahat they were pulled over, gathering and had a GIANT rope out. It looked seriously like they were getting ready to block the road. We called Eric to ask if they had been doing that.  He thought it was quite likely they might as things escalate and thought we should turn back.  Lili thought better safe than sorry. We were able to turn back at the Malahat Chalet. Eric called the rcmp who told him there were two accidents on the Malahat and it was likely to be shut down anyways.  I have no clue if it really was or not. There was an accident back in Duncan so we ended up back roading our way in.  What a day. So frustrating.

We went to the Mongrillian but they were closed. So we ate lunch at the Oak Taphouse. Which was nice. Then to Walmart where I found a Spider-Man shirt for Eric and knee high socks for Jia.  Then to a couple thrift stores to find beige shorts to complete Jia's new look.
Here she is as Sunny from OMORI.  We thought the shoes would be the hard part to find but I culled out my cubby today and I already had mary-janes she can wear.  Bonus, they're super comfy so they might be suitable for Disney.
Displaying her love of games, art and fashion all at once.  She's planning to have this look on at Disney ;)
Lili and I made it out last night to see Marry Me. Totally predictable but I liked it anyway. 

Lili has headed out to dinner with a friend.  I ordered pizza from Door Dash.  Our first time using Door Dash from the house.  It was super easy, this could become a bad habit.
Eric worked all day on the shower project. The walls are cut. I think next step is figuring out edging and painting the ceiling. As always it was considerably more involved that I anticipated.