Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Ferries

Ok, so we had to cancel Luk's last Children's appointments.  I've been trying to reshedule.  The poor kid still has the horrible leg orthotics on.  In summer.  Yuk.  I want him to see the surgeon earlier rather than later.  Honestly, if he needs surgery no matter what then at least he can enjoy some summer with them off beforehand.  I got a call today asking if I could come in tomorrow.  Sigh.  I told her sadly I just didn't think I could pull it off.  She offered next Thursday.  I took it.  However.  The ferries suck.  I can get off the island ok but the only return trip is 10:45pm.  Last ferry.  So frustrating.  My hatred of the ferries is pretty big you guys.  I personally should not be living on an island. It is extremely hard for me to accept the changes to my highway system.  

Yes, I looked at coming home Victoria, it's fully booked.  We could walk over but financially I pay for parking and ubers on the other side so taking the car that is covered makes more sense.  Plus, so much easier to have our car.

So I booked the last ferry.  Luk and I are getting good at hanging out in the car.  Sadly. They don't keep the terminal shops open for the last couple runs.  I'm not thrilled about our plan but it's better than staying overnight.  I think.  Ask me again at 2am as we're just arriving home.  

I asked Eric if he would like to do this one.  He didn't.