Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Friendship bracelets.

Apparently fans are trading friendship bracelets at Taylor Swift concerts.  Lili asked Jia to sit and make some with her.  Of all five kids these two get along the least.  I asked Eric to get a picture.  They both report things are improving in their relationship.  Lili even bought a switch so she can join the others in gaming.  

Eric and the girls are doing laundry, packing and measuring purses to take.  Looking at maps and figuring out logistics.  I wrote the letter for Eric to take Jia.  It's so weird for me not doing all the things.  

I'm glad Fei can go and I'm happy giving up my ticket to her but the fomo is starting to set in.  Haha.  However, reading there is a baseball game at the same time and 6 cruise ships in port makes me a tad grateful I won't be in Seattle this weekend. Eric gets good Dad brownie points for taking them.

Tmi. My Crohns/abcessing fistula issue has flared from overdoing it. I knew it was coming and didn't take the down time when I needed to. I'm spending as much time as I can in the hot tub.  🔥 The pain is big.  I'm super thankful for the spa.  Always hot and always ready.  So much easier than pouring baths that get cool after a couple minutes. I'm feeling sorry for myself for sure.  I need sugery but it's an awful one with sucky procedures for after care and extremely low success rates especially for Crohns patients.  

I told Luk he has to think of a plan for the weekend.  I can't stay home the whole time.  They would rather stay home. I pushed for a plan and Luk came up with taking Kai to see the baby goats and getting mizithra cheese at the Spaghetti Factory.  We also read today that Cowichan Cat Rescue is doing a fundraiser with Mr Mikes so we get to pick up $5 Mike burgers on Saturday on our way to Victoria.  My favorite burger.