Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

New Car Day!

 

Eric took Kai to speech this morning.  I got some work done then was getting ready for the day.  I was fussing to Luk about what to wear.  Saying "It's new car day! What do I wear?!".  He has a fabulous sense of humor so his eye roll was funny.  I opted for red and black stripes.  Although it's possible it was actually navy blue stripes.  

She was all ready to go.  The paperwork was smooth.  We were out of there in no time.

Eric found the 1st Easter Egg.  It's on the front windshield. So cute. We also noticed the recirculating air button has a tiny Wrangler on it instead of the sedan in all other cars.  There is a 1941 braille on the stick shift.  It'll be fun to discover more.

I drove us straight to the Beacon for cones.  They were good.  I don't know how they win awards though.  Honestly McDonald's is less than half the price and tastes better.  Imho.

It was fun driving the fancy Jeep.  So much smoother than Oscar.

Next we went to Clover Point in  James Bay.  It looks stormy out there but it was actually pretty mild.  This wee duck was from Cam, our salesman.  I ducked him a light up duck. 

Then the sun came out so we tried for pictures.  The sun was in my eyes and pictures just don't show off the shine.

These loungers looked comfortable but they really aren't.  Kai is genuinely smiling here!  Not the fake one or the usual grimace that is actually him starting to cry.  

The boys like the Jeep.  Likely because they both have charging ports in the back seat.


Home.  
They'll look more similar once Eric puts the hard top back on Oscar.

Jia decided to come with me to visit Mom and she plugged her phone in the auxiliary usb port and all hell broke lose with the stereo head unit/screen.  We sat in there for a long time trying to figure it out.  The screens were flipping wildly, we couldn't talk to the unit anymore, the radio was searching and switching every four seconds.  Eric unplugged the battery but that didn't help. Jia opted not to come if there was no music.  I finally turned the screen off and just left.  Lili called an hour later, her and Eric were concerned I was out upset and crying about my car.  Uh, nope, was just out for a drive with my Mom.  What's a used vehicle without some glitches to take care of? I already texted Cam.  He thinks it might need a software update.  Eric has been researching online and has written down a few ideas to try fixing it.  We're camping tomorrow so for me this likely moves to the back burner until next week.  

Still no names yet.  I'm getting more and more ok with the black.  Adding Anise to the name list.  Or Panda.