Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Spring Break

 



Lili threw her own party.  What a great turn out.  They all made it look so fun.  She has been super busy, doing lots of cool things lately and I rarely get pictures so I'm grateful for these.
May came for the day and brought her sewing machine.  Which meant they needed a trip to town for fabric. Then we set up our sewing machine for Jia.  Then the whole day was spent intensely creating.  May and Jia style with lots and lots of bickering and excessive energy.  Grin.  Love these two together.

The mess grew by the second.  I should have take a picture of the end of the afternoon.

I myself was in the living room cross stitching more cruise ducks.  Staying  calm and quiet.  My body tells me when I've been doing too much and need to lay low.  I'm feeling a lot better today.  Tmi, swelling is coming down on the fistula.  Lots of hot soaks has helped this weekend.  

We dragged the girls away from their projects for a group dinner out.

Now tonight was funny.  I just did the night time routine with the boys and Kai settled back onto his couch and I suggested it was a school night and he should maybe head up.  Uh.  Nope. Both boys were QUICK to remind me it's spring break. BAD MOM. How's that for a brain fog?!  

Tomorrow the 5th wheel is scheduled to be picked up.  We don't know or trust whatever stranger they've hired so we need to move 4 cars and the moho to the road in the morning.  I think I might be on the porch supervising.  

Jia is officially registered to stay at the Grove.  The principal talked to her about doing a grade 10 art class in digital media which would involve her making her digital portfolio now.  In typical fashion Jia stayed quiet and didn't jump at the opportunity.  It's a chore getting this one through school.

I preface this with "we are not moving".  I am keen to consider the idea of downsizing and moving to a smaller, safer community.  Duncan is a bit like walking through zombie land and the bulk of human depravity is at the bottom of our neighborhood so we simply can't avoid seeing things we don't want to see, that the kids should never see.  Unless we drive way out of our way.  Anyways.  The powers have decided Duncan will be a testing ground and it's not going well.  Aside from this, we love our house, our neighborhood and the surrounding areas.  I have suggested Lake Cowichan to Eric over and over.  I love it.  I relish our summers there.  There is a major fixer upper for sale and I finally talked Eric into going to look with me. We think it's likely sold already and tonight the listing is gone.

It's a disaster.  Nothing redeeming about the house at all.  The lot is large, the square footage is enough.  There is enough parking. The neighborhood is close to the village.  We could walk to the lake. We'd have to do it knowing we were buying the land and infrastructure.  The whole house needs everything inside and out.  At this point we're doing nothing and it's a no.  But the idea isn't going away for me yet.  

I'd love the small highschool for Luk but I don't know how many resources would be available for Kai.  We did talk to the man living across the street and funnily enough his two boys are 12 and 14, both special needs and they get picked up in a wee bus for special school.  It's interesting.

We're camping on Friday.  I've done nothing to prepare.  This week will be busy.

Oh, and we got Luk's cathing clinic appt and it's the day before his spinal cord clinic.  Yay.  Just a one night stay.

I've been trying to get Eric to watch the Barbie movie.  He finally agreed and Luk said yes too so we're doing a movie night here. Kai was a firm no.