Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Anyone looking forward to anything?

Not much on the horizon these days.  Year almost up and I didn't use my holiday time off.  Should take some days this Dec but what for?  We're getting enough home time.  Haha.  Had a phone appt with Luk's pediatrician yesterday.  Everything all good but she is still pushing for flu shots.  We've never had one also have never had the flu so we're not keen to get the shots.   She is encouraged by the vaccine here but she is sticking with the fall being when things might return to normal. She admits all the hygiene practices in place have greatly reduced sickness in general.  

Heres my humble little list of joys.  One of my favorite writers is releasing two books on Christmas day that are historical with Chinese characters.  So I pre-ordered them to my kindle.  New show Bridgerton coming to Netflix on Christmas day that I'm looking forward to.  There's a new Shaun the Sheep released on the 22nd so that's fun.  My game is starting a new event on the 17th, we're getting Brave.  Love it.  Eric's free gift from shopping Superstore yesterday was an Alexa Auto.  It's exciting but I don't really get why I'd want her in the car.  Alexa is on my phone, so already in the car if I wanted. That's my alone time.  Now wondering if it would work in the new room.  It's just fun to have a new toy to contemplate.  I've been shopping for a pink bed for the Chihuahuas for the pink room.  Then last night I realized Jia has a doll bunkbed in her room that has to go.  Cute photos coming soon.  Just not quite sure Jia is ready to donate more of her things to the cause yet.  Haha.  

I had a wicked bad night of Chrones hell last night, struck suddenly with extreme vomiting and took myself upstairs at 8 and stayed there.  Not pretty.  Pain set in to add to the fun.  Feeling extremely empty and a bit shaky today but good.  No pain, no nausea, no need to be near a bathroom.  Too much info?  All to say basically pretty grateful to be alive this morning.  I'm a bit afraid to eat today.  Having Cheerios and fresh whole milk from our cows today.  Packed grapes, raspberries and blueberries too but we'll see how the cereal goes.  

A Facebook meme on my Chrones support group today that had me howling in laughter.

Kai is entering a contest, the British Columbia Regional Braille Challenge, happening virtually this year, in February 2021. So that sounds fun.  His test will be at his level administered by his SD vision therapist so he will be comfortable with her since she's been seeing him since kindergarten.  

Lili is moving home this weekend :)  I might be more excited than her.  She likes living on her own.  I finally got an appointment for Esmei to her groomers and Eric is taking her today. I got her in a kennel for him.  When I left today she was complaining bitterly. Isabel had a bath last night prepping for Christmas.  Kids only have two days of school left.  I found a fat free, sugar free gingerbread recipe that we're going to attempt.  Eric made us yam gnocchi on Sunday that was a major hit.  We didn't tell Jia why it was orange.  Just told her it was pasta.  Jia brought home grade 6 math homework that I don't know how to do the new way.  So Fei had to help last night.  I was too sick anyways.  Think it was the math that upset my entire system? 

More to the flooding story.  We're attempting to get Kai to come get us to flush his poops for him.  So far this is working.  He is actually scared enough of the flooding that he is telling Eric.  Last night he told Eric.  Eric told him he'd be there in a minute.  In that minute Luk flushed.  And it was rising and neither Luk or Kai said anything.  Eric arrived in the nick of time.  Yes, we do now have plungers beside each toilet.  Do ya'll have the same issues or is it just us??  With Lili moving home we're hoping to get her settled into the downstairs bathroom, it needs the drywall put back and paint.  Scary to put the work, money and time in when it's directly below the boys bathroom.