Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Kai's Piggy Bank

The boys banks were full.  Time to do a bank run.  They sat on the table for a couple days before I got to it. I emptied Kai's fox first and had all his coins counted ready to roll and the extras in a pile for him to put back into the foxy-bank.  Dinner was ready so I left the project.  Later I was walking by and noticed the loose pile was all neatly sorted and the counted piles had been very neatly moved around.  I asked Kai if he did the sorting.  He said yes.  I told him he did a great job of sorting and started to recount for rolling.  Kai has gotten WAY better at respecting others things so I was a bit surprised he'd touched.  I asked how he knew it was his money.  I didn't really expect an answer.  Really was more mulling out loud.  Kai doesn't typically have productive conversations.  But he actually answered. He said "mine was empty and Luk's was full".  Honestly that was one of our most in depth conversations.  I was impressed at his ability to figure things out. Also picturing him sneakily shaking the banks would have been funny to see.  Luk came and helped me with his.  
Eric sent me a picture of the barn project.  Pretty setting.  He seemed happy enough working last week.  It has meant not seeing much of him as he tries to keep up with home stuff in the evenings.  Yesterday he spent the bulk of the day repairing the waste system on Mom's trailer.  Not a pretty job.  He was outside for hours.  Then he washed/scrubbed his hands for 15 mins and had the longest shower ever.  Haha.  I thought he might take today off but he's banging around in the basement getting the ceiling ready for drywall.  It's clear to me he needs to spend more time just getting rid of stuff first.  I can't even think in the basement total chaos.  I made the mistake of checking in with him down there today and that just never helps my mental health to see the basement.  Also, with our water, flooding issues I'm thinking we aren't ready for drywall versus ceiling tiles.
Mom sent me this picture of me with my Dad. 

Not much else happening around here.  Jia spoke the words "I'm bored" last night.  Rare words here at this house.  Usually I remind them these are forbidden words and I'm happy to find chores for them but last night I just sat quietly thinking "me too kid".