Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, November 15, 2021

Bragging.

I just finished a thing.  Totally bragging!  I had already dragged it all from hiding spots to the pink room and the sock items were already separated into bags by kid. So today was just wrapping and tagging.  Five hours!  I'm finished earlier than usual.  We still need a family photo and Xmas cards done though. The photo is the hardest part of the season ;)
One of my helpers.
Other helpers.  Haha.  He helped me fold and tape three bigger gifts.  The company was nice though. He wasn't visiting with me but he was there.
The rain was nuts.  So many reports of flooding.  The highway to Nanimo is flooded.  Yikes.  This is more water in the back yard than we've ever seen.  Eric has to drain the pool a bit.  The yard is squishy but not coming in yet.  Praying the wind holds off until things can dry up a bit.  Pretty happy to see the sun this afternoon.

Gifts...I only shop for the kids.  I don't go to great lengths to hide stuff.  I tell them where they are.  Jia is the only one curious.  I tell her about snooping and how it will simply wreck the day for surprises but ultimately it's all up to them how they want it to go.  So this year Jia has been throwing things in my Amazon and Aliexpress carts.  Haha.  Then last night she saw the pile and said "wait...if you bought what I asked for then there won't be any surprises".  Yup.  That's how it works.  Too funny.