Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, November 19, 2021

Don't tell me I'm not red flagged.

It's 4 am.  We up and chipper.  Haha.  Totally planning to nap here, on the plane and on the drive too.

It's super dark at 3 - 4 am. There was no shuttle from the parking lot.  Thankfully it's a tiny airport.  Just scary walking in the dark when both of us are afraid of the dark and shadows and noises.  We were already checked in online and had boarding passes on my phone so went straight to security.  Easy enough through except I was pulled for a full over the clothing screen.  I was allowed a private room but didn't want to leave Jia who had already sailed through and was putting her shoes on.  The process was explained in detail.  It was a woman doing the frisk.  It was thorough.  She patted and rubbed ALL of me several times.  There is nothing about me that screams criminal.  Yet my clothing was tested for residue. And her gloves were tested.  I don't know what they're testing for.  I didn't let my curiosity win and resisted any questions or extra conversation.  Tiny bit of eye contact but honestly this is getting old. EVERY single time.  They didn't go through my back pack this time though.  Also we didn't have to remove liquids.  And there were no questions about vaccines or health or even the safety questions about contraband or laptops.  Dare I say the travel part has been easier than usual?