Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, November 22, 2021

California Adventure Park

The Web Slingers line up.  They dropped virtual ques yesterday.  Lucky us.  Two hours in blazing heat with minimal occasional shade breaks.  We talked about leaving the line many, many times.  Honestly Eric, Lili and Luk like Marvel but for Jia and I we would have skipped this but Lili's horror at that idea spurred us on. I don't know if the Avengers Campus is well done or not.  I have no point of reference. Both Jia and I will tell you that even without Spider-Man love, the ride is spectacular.  It's done in Toy Story Mania fashion for the actual ride.  The cool part is that Peter Parker accidentally gets spider bots stuck on replica mode and he needs help destroying them.  We're supposed to be in there at an open house but we get recruited to help because Peter doesn't want to call Tony Stark? So...in our little cart we are whipped around to new spots to do battle with our web slinging.  Yes.  Lili and Eric and Luk...you actually are slinging webs and destroying bots.  It's extremely exhilarating and super fun to throw your webs out.  I had a hard time remembering to put my hands in the Spider-Man position.  Jia had it down immediately.  Haha.  She also got a way higher score than me and complained her arms were hurting.  So she understood the assignment ;) 
Did I mention it was hot?  Yikes.  8:30 am.  It's supposed to be cool in the mornings. We have no clue what the actual temperatures are.  Some where around melting I imagine.  I had Nutter Butters in my purse for snacks today but they melted and I chucked them.
Spider-Man pops up now and again. People go nuts.  Jia posed for me because there was an inch of shade there.  
No idea what this is but it has it's own courtyard and people were lining up to get pictures.  I think something to do with Eternals.
Picture for Eric.
Picture for Lili.  She's disappointed in our lack of Disney food consumption.  So we purposely tried Pym's kitchen. Antman? Reviews online weren't great but we enjoyed our kids meals.  
Another new try. Mango slices with lime and Tanjin. I was too scared to try but Jia enjoyed and no hives. So she can eat mango now. I usually only let her have a taste. But another good parenting decision here to let her try when I have no Benedryl or car.  Sigh.  I've been attempting to let her lead where possible.
On our way to Grizzly River Run Jia spotted Nick Wild and ran off to see him.  I fumbled for my camera and got there in time to catch him complimenting her outfit. Ok, I was thinking getting this off her would be hard but now likely downright impossible.  Eric...no clue how you'll ever get the white shirt clean this time.  She has layed and sat on every surface here she can.  Her feet are killing her. I was evil for suggesting proper runners for the trip because Vans are the 'only' sneakers.  But they're flat and hard.  Eric...her Vans will need your stain removal super powers after these few days.
Then we found Big Al. I was thrilled. Then a long story ensued to Jia about the Country Bears Jamboree.  
Then we made a tactical error. We had to decide whether to head to the pier for Incredicoaster and Toy Story Mania or Grizzly River. It was just sooo hot so we decided getting a little wet would be ok. I didn't take the wet pictures.  It was all a little overwhelming.  We stood and watched people coming off not very wet. To the point that I thought they must have changed the ride. Ya.  Not the case.  The very first turn sent a wave over Jia that drenched her. 7 of us watched her in shock. The water was cold and she was seriously drenched. Then the next wave came and we both got it.  Head to toe.  My new runners were drenched.  Now the funny part was Jia said her mask was wet but when we all looked at her we realized the water was rolling around in her mask, she dumped it out and we all howled laughing, then she lifted her feet and water dumped out of her shoes!  We decided to end our day. It's hard to recover from that level of soaking. Fear of a chill once dark hit was very real for me. We did Soarin while we waited for our dinner on the mobile order.
Dinner at the Cozy Cone.
Mac and cheese in a cone. Jia says the creator is genius.  They were really good. Online order only.  

We were back in our room by 5:30. Wet cold clothing off.  So far no chill. We did miss a lot of the park.  We've never needed more than one day for the park before. Tomorrow is our last day. Back to Disneyland. Que dropped for the new Star Wars experience.  So we're planning to head straight there and hope for the best.