Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Knotts MERRY Farm

Admittedly this Snoopy crop top was way cuter a few pounds ago.  But, Knotts and Snoopy.  I was so cold most of the day I had my coat on.  Woke up at 6 in a chill and couldn't break it.  I finally ran a hot bath.  That did the trick.  Then I fell asleep in the tub.  Oops.  I pulled off the day.  Chills set in again around 4 though.  I hate getting so flipping cold. Jia was helpful and understanding.  
Knotts Merry Farm was great.  They do a super job of decorating.  It's such a relaxed park.  The staff are so friendly and seem genuinely happy.  We weren't interested in the roller coasters.  We stuck to the classics and did a lot of mosying.
Not much shopping but I got to poke around a little bit.
This show fills up and we always miss it.  Today we made it a priority.
It was so quiet in the morning.  The park opened at 8.  We got there at 10.  It didn't get busy until late afternoon.
We did a ride we've never noticed before.  You shoot boysenberry juice at pies. Protecting the bear picnic from the coyotes.  Jia scored quadruple my score.  It's much like the toy story ride.
Making 3d glasses look good.  An older girl approached Jia in this line and said "I love your look, what's your insta?"  So in teen terms that's quite a compliment.
Jia is instigating the selfies.  Sooo not like her.
We made it into the skating show! In typical California winter, we waited on an upper ramp and sweltered for 45 minutes.  Which made going into the ice show tolerable.
It snowed.  It was magical.  I cried a second or two.
The show was really, really good. Totally worth the wait.  The skating, the talent, the music, the costumes, all so good.  Jia is demanding skating lessons the second we get home.
One of those rascally coyotes.
The train hold up.
Still fun. The fellow beside Jia was special and really loud and he was announcing everything he saw.  People around us were clearly uncomfortable and a bit scared.  It was interesting to watch Jia have zero reaction. She said later, he was just like Kai.  I had fun asking him lots of questions about the train.  He clearly goes there a lot and loves the trains.
We ended our day at Mrs Knotts.  The food was amazing. We shared. Jia ate the chicken, I had the mashed potatoes, veggies and country gravy.  plus county biscuits with butter and boysenberry jam.  We also had boysenberry juice and I brought a piece of boysenberry pie back for later. Can't wait.  Just have to get this damn chill under control.  Blasting the heat in the room and Jia is gracefully not complaining.

Disneyland tomorrow.