Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Christmas for me.

My Nike runners that I had for 9 years died in the last wash.  We're getting closer to the Disneyland trip and I'm not thrilled with wearing the hot pink Adidas I scored in the thrift store with my red Disney gear.  Vanity. So Eric and I stopped in at Sport Chek today.  Found the perfect Nike and I was quite pleased that a shopping experience was actually working out.  Then Eric brought me saucony shoes to try on.  They are amazing.  He told me they were cheaper than the Nike so I tried them and they actually propel you forward.  So the heart really wanted the pretty Nike ones but I went with what the feet wanted except they were really quite a bit more.  Eric is telling me I'm worth it. I'm justifying things because I'm not that hard on shoes then the cashier made it all better telling me that the price I felt was too much was the sale price.  Had I known the real starting price I never would have even tried them on.  So...these are designed for long walks, treadmill use and standing.  Sounds like perfect Disney shoes ;) A rare decadence.
I was so shocked at the propel forward technology that Eric tried some on just to see what I was raving about. For a minute I thought we might have matching runners.  Haha.
We went in the barn today to visit our cows because Eric told me last week there are babies.
5 babies there!  Little brown guy to the left is our new bull. The big baby belongs to another farm.  She is the baby of the nurse cow (also from another farm) in another stall. 
This is Gemma.  She's two months and will be staying on at the farm as a future milker.  She loves to cuddle and has the cutest underbite.  I could have spent a lot more time playing with her.  

My raincoat looks funny in the picture.  It's grey but is reflective.  

The boys have their iep meeting today.  Their new ea started yesterday.  The boys don't even know her name.  Kai was NOT impressed with her.  Hoping they have a better day today.  Update...it was ok over all.  Dealing in deficits so not pleasant.  Discussing vision impairment AGAIN and paralysis.  Big sigh.  There are great people looking out for the boys in a sucky system that isn't really looking out for any of the kids and adding new people to the team is the worst. 

I figured out the federal vaccination card today. The stupid thing is the exact same process as the BC card except underneath the card where it says 'save as' press that, then select the federal option that will download versus taking a screenshot.  Your welcome.  Head smack. 

Most of the details for leaving the country for the first time in 20 months are figured out.  We got the letter notarized yesterday to take Jia away from Eric.  Our hotel is booked.  King's Inn by the Garden Walk.  My first choices weren't available. We're staying in a new to us area but it has some exciting things near by. The last detail is the covid test to come home.  The option to take the test at the LAX the morning before we fly is available for $125 US each, I haven't booked it yet because you have to prepay and I keep reading about Walgreens doing the test for free.  So still ruminating and exploring options and practicalities.  
Update...traveling in covid days is hard.  I give up trying to navigate the free tests.  Yes they are available.  Yes Canadians can use them. However...they are not at all guaranteed for a turn around that is practical.  I understand lots of people use them with no issues. Not worth the risk to me.  They are mostly drive through so that also doesn't work for us in a timely fashion. I really believe these tests will end.  In the meantime Jia and I will be at the LAX testing lab a couple hours before our flight for pre-paid tests and will just cross our fingers that it all works smoothly.  The one piece of information I can't find is how far the lab is from terminal 2.  Hopefully we're not running but if we are I at least have my new springy runners!  Funny.  Not funny.

There is sooooo much misinformation out there.  I believe I've navigated through.  Time to relax a bit and concentrate on wrapping presents and getting everything at home as settled as possible so Eric and the boys can relax too.
I don't want to take the shoes off yet ;)  and they are reflective too! Not great for photos but I won't get run over in the dark.  My little crew is trying to settle in but I was too busy today to get my treadmill time in and I haven't done any dishes yet.  It's a bit staggering how busy I am in semi retirement.