Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, April 29, 2022

Can't sleep.

The new motor arrived for the furnace. He was so sure it would be easy.  Not.  He was on it all day. First no attachment tabs. Then different nuts. Then needed a new hose, which is coming tomorrow.  Finally got it running but it won't stay on.  Now we have a furnace guy coming tomorrow.  In the meantime we're warm enough. The living room is toasty.
Cuddles :)
Jia wanted a haircut today. Not enough notice for me.  Gramma is a softie so she took her in. It's a big change.  I love it. Jia wasn't so sure but it's growing on her. She was thinking it would be masculine on her but I think she looks cuter than ever.  Much to her dismay. Haha.  

So now...I can't sleep. Way too much on my mind. A friend with a kid having serious brain surgery tomorrow at Children's. Luk pulled his tube out a bit tonight while I was attempting to get him to do it himself.  I think all is ok but we bandaged it tight and I'll call Children's tomorrow.  Jia and I are off to Victoria to see Mother Mother tomorrow night.  I booked a hotel across from the theater so I don't have to drive the Malahat in the dark.  Fei's last exam is tomorrow.  She has to get 80% to pass her year. Lili is home and she's a talker/planner so I end up with her stuff muddled in my brain.  I have to get up early to book a campsite but I think only 5 sites are opening up.  Odds are low it will work. The girls move out is Saturday. I was offered a chance to put a bid on for an upgraded room on our Alaska cruise. Then again, and again.  I've now bid on four different rooms. We're happy with the room style we already picked so it's not a big deal. However, because I can't figure out how it works, the randomness and mystery is keeping me quite amused. I've joined some cruise groups on Facebook.  So much confusion in the travel world right now. Jia burned popcorn earlier so I'm not loving the smell. Wish I was feeling sleepy. Jia is still up, right beside me playing a Sega rythm game, Project Sekai. She's amazingly fast. It's impressive to watch.