Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Mental Health

This happened today!

Yesterday was overwhelming.  I asked Eric if I could move out.  Totally joking of course.  So after a decentish night's sleep and a morning with no alarms I woke up and got showered.  Sat at my desk and caught some things up. Then Lili and I took off for the afternoon.  Getting organized always helps me feel more in control. Taking some time off for mental health.  It definitely helped that it was a sunny day.
After my haircut. Yippee.  We went to Ping's for lunch.  We hung out in Chemainus for a while.
This kid moved home last night.  We just need Fei back now!  She's in Nanaimo until the end of April.
We walked the tranquility labyrinth.  It might have worked to clear our minds if not for the sibling group who were full on arguing.  Always triggering.  
We ran quite a few errands. Ear drops for Jenny. CBD for Finn.  Face medication prescription filled for Luk. Tiny personal care things for our flight to Las Vegas. Arts and crafts to make a sign for our cruise ship door in celebration of our 30th Anniversary. New room things for Lili's room. A new bed for Sasha. And the most exciting thing of all, ducks! Lots of ducks. Enough ducks for Eric and I to hide 3 each every day of the cruise.  This is a new thing on cruise ships.  Too fun.  I can't wait to treasure hunt for ducks and hide ours.  We hit several stores today in our duck hunt. Lili was a good sport.  Then we finally found pay dirt/duck in a Dollartree.  I really, really needed this fun win today.  
Necessary toys for the Chihuahuas.  Because it's possible they don't have enough.
Oh, and on our list of chores was going to a fabric store to buy supplies to make tubie pads for Luk's appliance. Which is out of my skill set.  When we were waiting for our Ping's I went on Amazon and found someone making them.  I ordered a set of 4.  They should be here in a couple weeks.  They are too much for what they are but I'm just happy to have something off my to do list. While on Amazon I also ordered some supplies to make Luk's flush a little easier.  Eric was a bit horrified last night when he realized the program had changed and is wondering why we're going through all of this.  Luk prefers his new life.  He has mentioned many times that this is preferable.  So this is what we do now.  One day he'll manage on his own. 

We brought home dinner for everyone and Eric was just full of better news. Sounds like the moho will be ok.  He had a small fire in there while I was gone.  He's had a massive cleanup to do.  A heater fell over in the bathroom and by the time he realized the whole thing was full of smoke. The only damage was the bathroom lino.  He replaced it with the same stuff.  He got it installed today.  I'm still too scared to go smell but Mom reported that she couldn't smell smoke in there.  There was also a exhaust leak coming in.  He found it today and got that fixed too.  
Mental health 101, do something fun.  This was it today.  The crazy woman ran out cut off all her hair and bought an army of ducks.  Haha. 

Time to settle into the night time routine.