Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Children's Bookings

They just called to reschedule AGAIN.  Sheesh.  I used very serious whining with an authorative tone. I just started listing ALL the details that have to be changed and how many people are involved in getting us there for a couple days.  She left me on hold for a while and came back to let me know we could just leave the appointment alone.  

I'm absolutely certain that the booking staff don't realize we have an island in BC with people living on it.  I also think none of them have children and have no clue that plans are required to move them around.  Especially more difficult when special needs are involved.  Shouldn't they have some clue?!  Or training?  

I think the only reason they let us keep our date was because we have an appointment the day before the next procedure with dermatology.  Multiple appointments to switch.  

I also had to mention time line.  If things are closed Monday re: the long weekend they were only leaving me one business day to aquire a new tap form, move hotel rooms through Variety and try to get ferry reservations that was all just cutting it too close.  Plus moving other appointments around with the shuffle.  I'd like to do a session with booking staff to explain the family side of things.

I was feeling soooo organized.  Everything I can have ready ahead of time is done.  The calendar is crazy full.  There is a lot going on here for all of us.  We're ready to camp today.  First trip out for the season.  The moho is packed. We're taking all four dogs.  This will be first trip with Luk's new system.  Eric is picking the boys up at early dismissal then he and Isabel are heading off with the moho.  I'm picking up our pre-ordered groceries at 4 and following with kids and Chihuahuas.  Seriously was feeling calm and organized.  Now, my guts are a mess instantly, I feel flustered and a pit panicky. Like something is wrong.  I'm still in my mind making new lists to change dates all around even though I don't have too but she left me on hold too long in a panic.

When the kids were younger and there was crying and sibling fights and constant upsets I used to wonder all the time how they could all just bounce back so quickly.  I just don't bounce so quickly.  

Plus, super tired.  I couldn't sleep.  Excited about camping.  Eric and Finn decided I was most likely covid free and moved back into bed.  I knew check in started this morning for our Alaska cruise and I wanted an early embarkment.  So we could have lunch on the boat. I do know that's nuts but it is what it is.  I checked in at 5 am by computer monitor light and got first boarding.  Yay me.  Eric and pups slept through.

Love Children's but not so in love with the booking staff.

I need a nap already today.