Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Kai's phone.

So Kai has ripped through a few tablets.  For the past while he's only had a ds. However, the kids Christmas gift on the cruise is premium wifi for each of them. So Kai needed a device that uses wifi.  Eric and I upgraded phones so I just sat tonight and cleared Eric's old phone and set it up for Kai with a dozen games and YouTube, no sim card. We have one pretty happy boy here!

We normally get one wifi package and take turns using it.  Only one can be logged in at a time.  We haven't cruised in a long time.  The girls have aged out of the clubs.  I don't know how social we'll all be re:covid and if we end up isolated in our rooms we will NEED the wifi.  We had a big credit from Carnival to use up so we splurged on a drink package and wifi for 7.  I realize as we get closer that we could have used the credit for an excursion or two instead but the kids don't want to make a change.  This is very, very likely this is the one and only chance they will have these luxuries.
Last year when I was thin I donated all of my coats. This year the winter coat I kept is too tight.  I've been shopping.  Long list of requirements, semi waterproof, warm, hood, chest pockets, zippered pockets, tight cuffs and long enough to cover my butt. Eric said I would find it in the thrift store after watching me reject coat after coat.  And then, I did.  Crazy.  The only winter coat in there. I love it.

I also found a Mazatlan sun dress.  So that was fun.  Jia and Luk were with us.  Luk fanangled his way out of school. Separate story.
They were so shocked at the Tuesday line up.
We paid for our shopping and were almost out the door when I spotted this platter.  It's my set from my Grandma so I trudged back in clutching my treasure and endured the line up again while Eric and the kids hit the bakery.  It's OK, they got me a donut ;) Jia didn't realize the set goes to her, she was intrigued.  

So, why was Luk home?  Good question.  His agenda said try-a-trade.  I asked if he was going or just the grade 7's.  Then on the day of he snuck to the office and called me and said he needed a ride home.  He said it was try-a-trade. So I called Eric and he picked him up and brought him home.  Catch....he was supposed to go but didn't want to. I figured just more bad communication with Luk and the school and wasn't too concerned but did wonder if the 6's weren't going why they didn't get something alternate to do.  Then when we were picking up Kai his teacher came to talk to us.  We got the scoop.  It was for the whole class. He didn't want to go and suggested we didn't want him to go either.  So weird.  We made him go today for day 2 of the program. I can't really figure out how he thought his plan was going to go unnoticed.  He looked completely surprised when we told him she talked with us and the jig was up.  So was he really that conniving or is he that clueless and just totally gapped on the information. 

When Lili and Fei were this age we had little kids to focus on.  I don't recall them being sneaky like the next three.  Maybe they were and it all went over my head.  Respect for making their lives and days the way they want them and at the same time, I really hate being lied to.  I'd rather hear bad news all day than one lie.  

They all used to be so cute. Haha.  I'm grateful that they're all good kids and we aren't dealing with any big issues yet.  
Getting sooo close!