Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Made it!

2nd long day of driving done. We left at 7:30 and arrived at our Buena Park hotel at 9:30. It took a while to settle in. I booked with hotwire and got a great deal. I love the gamble. Hotwire states the hotel will provide beds for the number of guest in the booking. Our suites were lovely but both had a king bed and fold out couch. Which might have worked but the fold outs didn't have linens. One of them had mold. So Lili came with me back to the desk. The girl working thought that would be fine for us. I thought not. I don't think I was mean but Lili was horrified at my forcefulness. I didn't raise my voice or say anything other than I wanted bed space for all of us. Then Lili went back down to return the old keys and apologized to her for me. Sheesh. Other than having someone apologize for me the day was pretty decent. I mean isn't a bed for all of us a reasonable request? We drove through intense fog a bit of snow and dark overcast skies all day. No one complained except me. I'm definitely the weak link in road trips. My butt is stinging from sitting so long.  

Everyone is stepping up and helping with Kai. Luk had wipes in his bag and got one out to clean him up after lunch. Awe. So sweet.

We're all excited about Knotts Merry Farm tomorrow.