Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Fei's Gotcha

There was a Jeep in Courtenay I wanted to look at.  So we decided to all go together, eat out, have Dole Whip in Qualicum, look at cars for Fei and enjoy the ac in the car.
The Wrangler we were there to see was beat up and not as pictured.  Plus too high for me to get into. They did have this beauty just in though.  If it's kms were lower it might have come home with me.  
Fei however found her car!!  Two years of shopping and there it was.  The one.  It was a quick decision and then a scramble to get the deal, insurance and banking done.  Which always takes longer than you think it will. It's a 2013 Kia Optima, loaded, 39000 kms with all the cool stuff she wanted.  Her first car in her name, with her own insurance that she bought outright.  Love.  Adult goals.  

Eric and Fei took her car in for an oil change and safety inspection and it's all good. 
These 3 took off after dinner at the Shore to show off the new toy to Fei's friend in Nanaimo.  
We did get the Dole Whip, I shared with Fei.  It was nice at the ocean with a bit of a breeze.
Eric, the boys and I stopped in Parsville and had a wee walk at the park.  
Then we went to the night market. Kai was crying. He didn't want to walk.  So Eric and the boys stayed put while I wandered around.  Which was just super annoying.  I mean we were there to provide a fun time together for the boys and I was by myself looking at ridiculously priced stuff I had zero interest in.  So that was a bust.  Plus hot on the pavement.  

We have a campsite reservation for Kissinger Lake this weekend.  Normally something I really look forward to.  This trip was supposed to be for Fei and I.  She's working and we don't feel capable of handling Cheese on our own yet.  So, Eric and I thought we might take the boys.  But they won't like swimming and that is all there is to do there.  Also no cell or data available.  With this heat I'm also a tad concerned about itch from the lake.  We'll see come Friday how we feel but right now I think we'll skip going.  I need to stop booking camping in August.