Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Missing items.

On any given day we're missing something. Today it was realized that this thing was missing. The tub stopper for the REALLY old tub on the main floor. I suspect this would be a really hard one to replace. Everyone was questioned. Last sighting was Kai's bath Friday morning. We were starting to fear he threw it away with his towel in the garbage. He does fairly routinely throw garbage in the laundry and laundry into the garbage. It turned up, sitting on the ledge exactly where it should be. Another Nelson house mystery.  

Funny thing happened on the second night at camp with Kai. He was being super about staying put and he was waking me when he had to go to the bathroom. I had him turn on our light and leave the door open so he could find it after. The bathroom was well lit and the door was open. I heard him call out and ran to him. I could see Kai's Flinstone shaped wet footprints going up and down the hallways in three different directions. He couldn't find the toilet. I directed him into a stall. That he had used many times already. Then I just wandered around marveling at how much ground he covered in a couple minutes. The shower water was draining to the center of the room but there was usually a big puddle that was easily avoided but Kai of course couldn't see it. So my whole fear of him wandering at night actually happened. Thank God I heard him. I did tell Josh the next morning and then he understood why I had previously asked about kids wandering at night.  They typically have a staff member awake through the night and he wasn't aware of issues.  I definitely won't be considering sending Kai on his own to camp.  He really does needs one on one.