Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, August 31, 2023

It followed me home ;)

We chose the green one!!  The test drive was great today.  Eric said there wasn't a right or wrong decision and he was leaning towards the green one.  I was too but wasn't wanting to impose a project on him so was open to either.  
The men folk were all over it.  It's a Rubicon so a lot more "Jeep" than I was maybe looking for but super fun.  It needs a lot of spit and polish.  We thought it needed new tires to lower it but I can get in it ok so maybe just side steps and straps to help the boys get in.  
I was nervous to drive standard after soooo many years but honestly it came back in an instant.  What a fun drive! I had two people in Wranglers give me the Jeep wave.  I never got the wave in my other Jeeps so the elitism is real.  The first one was the same Jeep/color in a two door, he had the top off and grinned with the wave, I was so excited I extremely dorkily waved like a mad fool but didn't manage the correct wave.  Haha.  Then I was alone in the car laughing out loud so much my eyes got teary.  The second wave I just nodded.  I need both hands for gears and steering.  
Spirit bear plates! 
It was a long day for pups and kids but they survived.
Totally blurry, but here we are in Qualicum at the Shore for more dole whip.  Eric had removed the top for me and I was having the best time driving and figuring out the stereo.  Which has amazing sound.  Which is so bizarre since it's got crank windows and old time keys with key holes.  For the serious Jeep people who don't want their electronics hooped when they drive through floods, puddles and rivers.  It's taking me a bit to grasp the lack of creature comforts and Jia is outright dismayed that I've downgraded to crank windows.  Haha.
When we arrived back at the campsite Shannon gifted me my first Duck.  He's the cutest thing ever.
So cute, trying to balance his squishyness for a picture.
My childish self is pretty darn happy 😊 

We haven't figured out the logistics of getting 3 engines home.  A fun problem to have.