Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Arg

 

It's Mom's moving day.  We just came home with her first load, tarped and clean to discover a-hole neighbor has the chipper back in his yard.  

I did go over.  The conversation went as expected.  It would have been better if Eric had let me go alone because we could feel his tension for sure and his tone was definitely angry.  Neighbor was also ticked with our opinion.  He was shocked when I showed him the pictures.  He did agree to not chip today.  He is contemplating ways to mitigate the mess, with my suggestions of moving the chipper, facing a different direction and waiting for wind change or rain.  He is adament that chipping is the environmentally sound way to deal with limbs and trees.  He seems to think I care about his trees.  I don't.  I could care less what he does with his land, I care about the extra work impossed on us.  

Also, don't we all know that piles of mulch are fire danger?  He says not.  Idiot.

Okay, so this week is more frustrating then our normal level of frustrating. 

Life = a series of problems to deal with. We'd like a little break though.  I have that thought and immediately feel like I've challenged the universe and I need to be grateful for the problems we do have.  

Kai has been without screens for 3 days.  We've talked lots.  And lots.  Does he understand, no, not really.  But I needed him home out from underfoot today.  Luk is watching him today and Kai happily stayed home on his couch enjoying YouTube when we left.

Then we got to Mom's on time to meet someone to get the keys and hang around for half an hour while no one showed up.  Because they left the door unlocked, with keys inside and no one thought to tell her.  Wild.  She just tried the door and was in.  

We'll see what the rest of the day brings us.



I'll get new home pictures later.  We have the first load at the new place now.  

On the upside of things, I'm almost done collecting things for Cheese.  I should get a picture of the pile.  It's funny.  Eric is positive it won't all fit in.  I know it will because I basically just recreated the old set up that all moved into the Falcon.  I pieced it all together from the garage (moho things), from the house, the thrift and dollar store.  I forgot a cutting board and I'm still searching for a mattress protector that should be in the house but I suspect might have been left on the moho mattress.  The actuators arrived today so that's fun.

Eric is putting a rush on the project because if the cruise is a no go then the plan was to take off on a road trip but the teens aren't enjoying being out and about so much so we're considering doing a day trip to science world and then dropping them at home and Eric and I taking a road trip with Cheese.  I'm picturing San Joseph Bay.  Where the hike is simply too much for the boys.  So much wait and see.  But at least Cheese will be ready.