Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, July 15, 2024

Downsize gone sideways

 

Eric's sister Julie bought Cheese and named him/her Brie.  Turns out he is still Cheese.  Haha.  She offered him back and we floundered and passed.  Right up until I saw the add on Marketplace and then we bought him back!  Go ahead and have a laugh. We did.  It is funny and perhaps a bit crazy.  I looked at the pictures and cried a little, I really loved that little unit, I'm thrilled he's coming home on Wednesday.

I have been looking for a 'hers' unit, not seriously, just looking.  I wanted something easier to manage. I was thinking Boler gutted and turned basically into Cheese without having to raise the roof.  Haha.  I was thinking it would look so cute color matched to Onyx.  Eric listened thoughtfully to all of my thoughts.  And of course there were a lot.  He's got a few ideas to improve the accessibility on Cheese for me.

Cheese needs a few repairs upon his return.  The actuator was ripped off and broken.  Roof panels damaged inside, a seam oddly loose and a counter was removed.  All stuff Eric can deal with.  Julie is thinking of a motorhome, she also wants things a tad easier.

I did of course have sellers remorse when he left.  The girls can use it.  Eric and I can use it for longer trips.  He's already promised me a Disney trip with Cheese and no kids.  I can't wait to start mapping that out with the Boondocker app.   In a year or so if no one is using it we can always sell it.

My request for a gastro intestinal Dr has been granted, I got a call today to see my family Dr this Wed for a 
pre-op appointment to see a surgeon.  I wasn't expecting things to skip ahead quite like that.  I'm grateful for the care and totally dreading this with every fiber of my being.  Getting Cheese back is fabulous timing for keeping my mind busy with fun things.  I'm not uncomfortable talking about my colectomy, butt, crohns issues but I'll spare ya'll the details ;)
The rest of the Gordon Bay trip went great.
Heat wave at home but quite cool in the big trees.

Leo.  He's a good boy.  Izzy does great with everyone.  River puppy was out there too but I didn't get his picture.  He's a dream at nine months.  

Joey just heads straight to Kai.  He looks sooo much like Poppy.


Mary, Charles, Jade and May came to visit.  I got to babysit Rosie ;)
After lunch we all headed to the lake. May and Jia went in a double kayak, Jade was on her paddle board and Lili and her friend Devan were in single kayaks.  Debbie and family were camping too.  Debbie and Asia brought their kayak and Julie, Alisha and Brenda took Leo and River out on paddle boards too.  It was quite the busy day!

Kai was all about getting back to the lake to sit on a log and throw rocks.

Lili came out Saturday and we went to the Honeymoon Bay Market.  So cute.  We bought tarts, a ladybug beaded car freshener made on a lava bead for essential oils and an adorable 3d printed fox fidget that I got for Kai's Birthday.

It's as cute as ever there.


Julie and Alisha had their own site for one night and then moved into our site.  It was busy.  I didn't get any pictures of the site.  It was fun having Cheese with us again.  I resisted looking in because I feared it would make me sad.  Haha.  Julie never mentioned a word about possibly selling.  

I cancelled our Sproat Lake trip that is coming up.  Kai and Luk aren't excited about getting in the water and Jia doesn't love being out of cell service.  I'm tired.  Eric wants more time at home.  We've done a ton of camping already and none of us enjoy camping in the heat.  We have tons of summer plans for around here so it's all good.

Lili is heading to Uculet to The Broken Islands Lodge. Her friend works there so she's getting a great deal so that's fun.  We are toying with the idea of me going with her since my jury selection thing was canceled.  

In social media news, Bella Brave passed away.  I cried myself to sleep last night.  The mother of the island (Chihuahua Sanctuary I follow) passed suddenly on Sunday, I cried before bed that night too.  Charlotte the stingray died, I was oddly obsessed with her and her death hit hard.  Trump was shot.  Richard Simmons, Dr Ruth and Shannon Doherty died.  

Clearly I need to step away from the phone and the news.

We all need some fun and a break.  It's pretty heavy out there.