Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

No adventures.

 

So yesterday I was up and ready for an adventure.  Eric was quite happy to be here working on his projects.  He was stuck here waiting for his neice to deliver propane tanks.  So I called Mom and she came out to play with me.  We started at our thrift store and hit thrift store gold.  Haha.  Mom found this cute bench/stool/hassock? For a mere $5. It has storage, fits under the shelf and means a comfy 2nd seat for at the table.  I also got pillows as seat cusions, blue and green pillow cases and some fabric for a wee curtain to hide the sink waste water container.  We brought our score home and Eric didn't show any excitement.  Hmm.  He's come around and agrees that it's a great plan.  I think he was grumpy from the heat.  He joined Mom and I while we did Canadian Tire, Dollarama and Walmart.  I got a fair amount collected for the new set up.  Today Eric is choosing to skip adventures and keep working.  I'm a tad bored but happy to see the projects getting done.  He's currently using his new welder to attempt fixing the accuator that was snapped off Cheese while he was away.  He's at the point in the repair where next he will see if it works after it's wired back in.  Update, it worked until it started smoking.  New one on the way from Amazon ;)
The bench/shelf frame is in.  I went out to discuss the table slide idea.  The slide table from under the counter was going to be a few inches short so Eric went and got a table we originally picked up for Cheese and it fits perfectly and can even stay set up when we fold the roof down.  Garage shopping for the win today.  So many treasures squirreled away in Eric's world.

I have a ton of stitched ducks to frame to take on the cruise that we may or may not be going on in two weeks.  Not as exciting as an adventure day but it will fill some of my day. Plus laundry, pet care and more and more dishes.

Lili is at the Broken Islands Lodge.  She says it's very remote and definitely a get away from it all place.  She is enjoying the amenities and the food is great.  





This guy has moved back home.  I'm loving all my cuddles.  I do wish we could get him to stop going near or on the road!  Forcing him indoors just wouldn't work.  He's way too big a personality to be contained.  Feral cats are a different sort.