Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, July 29, 2024

Jia and Luk are on Standby

 

I woke up today to an email confirming that Eric and I have a room on the ship this Saturday with the standby program!  Yay.  So exciting.
However...
At the time of booking there was a mistake made and the kids were given a seperate booking number.  Which shouldn't have happened.  So, they aren't in our room and won't get a room assignment because they obviously didn't pay.  I called right at 8am and Holland America is looking at the problem now and told me to keep checking my email.
The kids are on standby.  Weird.
They have no clue, they're both sleeping.

I'm obsessively checking for an update of course. While making long lists of things to do in my head.  
Eric immediately came downstairs and started making Isabel dog food for while we're away.

On the Isabel front, she's been doing great but last night as I was tip toeing past her, she woke and tried to leap up and she tripped me and I fell and she fell and we were in a heap together.  She yelped, I yelped and Eric leaped up to help me up with me telling him to go check Izzy who ran off.  She seems fine.  I have a couple bruises.  One on my bumbalarie.  Izzy and I are both too old to be falling down.
Eric and Kai's morning project.

Lili is hosting an outdoor movie night for friends while we're away.  She did a trial last night.  I sat in the hot tub (after she moved the projector to the table) and we watched an interview with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman playing with puppies.  So that was pretty cool.