Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Just Us This Time

 

Kai has been getting up earlier and earlier.  As early as 4am.  We banned screens before lunch and he is sleeping in until 7 again.  We tried out summer hours but we're already back to school hours.  He just does better on a schedule.

The twin foamy in Cheese was being slept on by Leo.  I won't use it for people now so I told Eric to cut it into beds for Izzy.  It's too high for her ;)  We keep finding her in weird positions. It took hours to convince her to try laying on it.  I think she likes it now.

Mom's move in day was yesterday.  We're all processing that still.
The movers hired were less than desirable.  Definitely causing some trauma. Their communication skills were low.  Not to dwell on the negative but I can safely say we survived and won't be repeating that experience again.

Mom is in.  Overall her stuff made it in safely.  She loves her new house.  Poppy loves her new house.  
It wasn't a picture taking kind of day.
Mom was super organized and she has a lot to do to be all settled. 
Today I have zero desire to move. 

Awe.
I took the Commander listing down and then a girl previously interested contacted me.  Made an offer and we were chatting back and forth about logistics because she's on the mainland and has never been on the island.  Then she asked which engine it was and has now backed out.  I think. I'm back to being relieved.

Our cruise room for two hasn't been upgraded to a quad and we sail in two days, 7 hours and 45 minutes so we're moving ahead assuming Jia and Luk aren't coming.  I could be calling and pushing the fact that it was their mistake however Eric is quite happy to be getting away just the two of us so I'm attempting to accept things as they are.  The kids don't seem upset at all. 

The frugal part of me wanted the better deal.  Four for the greatly deduced price of two would have been a pretty great deal.  We paid $49 a person per day.  We're definitely happy with the rate.  I've always wanted to try an inside room, Eric not so much. We'll finally see if it's manageable.  I do think not seeing daylight will be weird.

Eric has made fabulous progress on Cheese.  The new actuators work fabulously.  He's almost finished trimming the inside. The 12v fridge works. Next he wants to have the gas certified and will need to make some changes to the gas plumbing and stove to pass inspection.  Another project for when we get back. All just to get the csa sticker for the outside to make ferry workers happy.  The mattress went in today and then he piled my hoard in there too.  The house feels better.  Lili is having friends over while we're away and she wanted my mess gone.

It didn't really occur to me that we'd actually get a standby room to Alaska so we were really more concentrated on the contingent plan.  Which was San Joseph Bay in Cheese.  Now I need to figure out a time for that plan ;)

I just did our cruise check in and got our boarding passes.  Our backpacks are out and the packing has begun. So fun.  I found out yesterday the parking at Canada Place is $59 a day. Shock. Plus no reservations were available.  I booked us on Hullo and cancelled our ferries.  Our first time using Hullo. Lili is dropping us off and Fei is picking us up. The next two days we'll be concentrating on getting the kids and pets all set up.