Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, August 9, 2024

Day 7, cruising day.

 We were out until midnight last night.  Gasp.  We spent some time with Julie and Peter, island FCC friends.  Their daughter was off with the other young ones on board.  Then we watched the last comedian show and had some good belly laughs.  Dinner wasn't great for r we went to find snacks and met up with a couple from Toronto that we had shared a table with earlier in the week and ended up visiting with them.  

This morning the time we gained was lost as we near Canada.  So I thought we were up early, but we weren't.  Haha.  We grabbed a quick lido breakfast and went to the world stage for a presentation about how the ship/city works.  It was really well done.  Impressive how much goes into making this a seamlessly easy holiday for all of us.

Then we met with a future cruise consultatant to ask some questions.

I know I was grumpy a couple days ago and missing Carnival but I think I'm back to being ok with HAL overall for Alaska.  Were I to come back for this trip with Jia and Luk we'd need wifi for the kids, the hydro pass for me, Eric would pack some hot chocolate packs, I'd pack some things to do and warmer clothing ;) 

The food wasn't fabulous for me.  Running 50/50.  Somethings are good.  I've found some safe foods that have been available daily.  We figured out grabbing snacks with zip locs for later.  We've learned to show up as things open up.  The only way to reserve seating is in the dining room.

There are 140 cooks on board.  Oy.  Can you imagine?!  

Hands down, without question this has been the EASIEST holiday ever.  Holland America staff have been fabulous.  I can not stress enough how clean this ship is.  We'd definitely be happy to be on this ship again.  Oh, oh ya', I have actually figured this ship out!!  I can totally get around without confusion.  

I'm not sure yet what our plans are for our last day. 

Home tomorrow.

I watched a girly movie while Eric napped.  We ate lunch by the pool and watched a games event/raffle going on.  I soaked in the hot tub while Eric had snacks.  Doesn't everyone have snacks a few minutes after lunch?  Cruises.  Sheesh.
Then Eric watched a movie while I napped.
A final dinner in the dining room that included Baked Alaska.
We're in for the night.  Packed and organized for the morning.

There was a naturalist on board who reported a record whale sighting day, 54 whales spotted.  We only saw 2 on that day ;)