Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Glacier Bay Day5

 

Mama and baby.

We got up and went to the suggested viewing spot first thing. Deck five, forward.  Omg it was cold.  Pure torture. I was completely dismayed, woefully unprepared and there is NOTHING I want to see at that temperature.  Zoom into my face.  I told Eric to get my picture then I ran past him and zoomed back inside.  The cold was biting. He found me a while later eating my breakfast.
He spent hours watching, learning and taking pictures.  There was a ranger on board from the park talking on the loud speaker, for hours and hours.  The whole ship was schooled.
I found a nice cushy chair with a view window to huddle in under a blankie, reading, dozing, playing games and glancing occasionally.

I'll post more pictures as I'm able.

Wifi sucks.  App doesn't work.  We have to join strangers to eat, there are no tables available at meal times. I can't imagine getting seating for 7 or 13. The lido market is closed more than open. An hour long line for pizza lunch.
Food is bland.  Very bland and that's coming from me, the Queen of plain  food. High tea was a dismal fail, everything about it was awful.  There was a chocolate surprise event last night that we skipped fully confident in knowing that it wouldn't be worth it.  We're having fun with each other, enjoying our week away, the ship is pretty and clean, we've been super lucky with weather.  The hot tubs are really disappointing, cool temperatures and often closed or full of kids. The pool is about all there is for kids to do. We are a tad bored for sure.  We've watched a lot of movies.  I'm on my second book.  In general this cruise would be extremely boring for kids. If Jia and Luk are still interested in going it would only work if we were with friends or on a bigger kid friendly ship.  Nothing has gone wrong per say but we both agree we miss Carnival overall.