Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Day One

The roof was open and it was nice and warm on the lido.  


Eric spotted dolphins.  A lot of them.  They were loving the waves off the ship. I didn't get any great pics but we really enjoyed watching them play. 

They followed along.

None on the other side.

Eric was busy telling me where we were, towns, communities, mountains. 

Piano bar.

Rock.

A talk/show on the Holland America Origin story. Very interesting.

Blues.

It was a long first day.  We're tired.

I sat in a hot tub to end my evening. Not as hot as at home.  Kids allowed in so it was a bit more exuberant than I prefer ;)  I did meet some nice people.  Interesting on Alaska cruises.  People come from all over the world to cruise Alaska!  I did meet another lady who was also standby.  She is also in an inside but says her room is tiny. 

I think I knew this when I booked but didn't really believe we'd get on so let it go.  The ship is 8 years old but was refurbished 2023.  That explains why it's so pretty.  It's a bigger ship than our previous HAL Alaska cruises.  

We ended our night with snacks in the room and watched a movie.

It's a bit weird just us for sure.
My daily planner on the app is glitchy so I was happy to find a paper version for tomorrow in our room.