Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, August 24, 2024

We bought Cheese a furnace.

 

This is not Cheese.

Cheese needs a little furnace.  Tent trailer size.  He didn't pass the csa test again.  The stove is good now and we had all the gas lines replumbed but the furnace that was tested and fine two years ago is no longer fine.  They're stupid expensive.  Oddly, Eric had shown me a tent trailer in the morning for $700.  He had the idea that he'd like to try making solid walls on a tent trailer.  I wasn't particularly encouraging but then realized we could buy the trailer to get the furnace out of it.  It's the right size.  It's not the first time we've bought a unit as a parts unit.  

So, yes, we dragged it home last night.
It was in Brentwood Bay.  We were in Victoria for an eye appointment for Kai so the timing all just worked out.

Go ahead and have a laugh.  We do know it's crazy and funny.

We have Joey and Rosie for the weekend.  Sasha is a tad jealous of Kai attentioning Joey.

Eric snagged a light for the porch at the thrift store.

I found these Boyds.  You guys....two of them are Disney!  I didn't know there was a collaboration.  The hunt might have to intensify.  

The shirts we dyed.

Schooling me about hydraulic brakes.  Blah, blah, guy speak, dirty bits, I have no clue.

Eric had said he wasn't planning to play with his new project until spring.  I left this morning to do boy birthday shopping with Mom and was gone a few hours.  When I got back the Mr was deeply engrossed.  Of course. We should have anticipated that. He had fixed a few issues.  Identified a couple more.  Removed the canvas and cushions and had a full load ready for the dump.  Oy.  The roof now sits where it's supposed to.  He's already figured out the frame work for the side walls and has a ton of ideas for the build.  

The box and roof are fiberglass and lower than Cheese.  Close in size overall.  It doesn't have the big storage box like Cheese and Cheese has a LOT of tiny touchs that are totally all about me and my comfort. I still can't picture Eric's vision with this next one but in the dream world of what would I do to make Cheese more perfect I did think totally solar with  a 12v fridge, heater and stove would be pretty great.  So that is the goal for the next build.  

I did feel a bit of panic about Eric wanting to sell Cheese again but he says he thinks we should improve on our first ideas and enjoy the project, then use both and pick which one works better for us.   

The ideas are keeping us amused.  
It feels cool with no walls, total view.  I've seen others done with clear roofing which would be pretty cool if parked in the forest.  They are usually converted into stationary cabins not collapsible like a-frames.

Keeping busy.