Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Great Wall

Oh my word!  Never, seriously NEVER been so cold in my life.  Had to wake both kids today.  Jia cried all the way through getting ready and didn't stop until we sat to eat.  Great start.   Luk  who eats everything in  sight decided not to eat this morning.  Mr. Yang brought Jia a toy and she refused to take it.  Sigh.  Luk pooped just as we were leaving.   Such a great start. 

Jia was petrified of the open gondolas at Mutianyu and cried all the way up.  Then at the top we all decided to skip going on the wall because it was so stinking cold we all just wanted down and back to the car.  Crazy.  Took a few pics.  Eric and I were laughing at how crazy the day was.  Jia cried and begged not to go in the chute.  It was THE way down!  Walking was out of the question.  I had Luk in the hip hammock and each step is uneven.  In the end she stopped crying long enough to do the chute.   Luk loved it.  Eric was sitting too  far back and had a heck of a time getting going.  I tried  telling him to scoot back.  He couldn't hear me.  He didn't get going with any speed until half way down.  I thought it was fabulous.  Too cold but fabulous. Lili, way easier when you have the control!   Didn't have to yell at myself to slow down once ;)

We skipped shopping, too cold.  Glad I bought the big winter
coat for Luk just before we left.

Then to the jade market.  Showed them what I was wearing.  They told me they were very nice but they don't carry anything like them.  Arg.  It's where I bought them.  Not a single child size bangle there.  I found the sales woman so frustrating.  Asked to deal with someone else a couple times.  She just kept coming back.  Arg.  Finally threw my hands in the air and left.

I showed Mr.Yang what I was looking for and he took us to a market where there were lots.  Louxiou?  New one to us. Worked out well, we had two hours to kill before picking up Luk's visa anyways.  Plus prices were significantly better.  I found two I liked for Luk.  Bought both, not sure which one I'll wear.  We got one on.  It hurt a lot to get mine off and even more to put them back on.  The jade market told me I'd never find yellow like Fei's,  too rare.  I did find a yellow one at the market but not small enough for Fei.  Bought it anyway.  We found a nice cream one with a hint of yellow that we are hoping will fit Fei now.   Luk really wants one.  Put
his little hand out over and over again but they were all too big. We have one more day.  Not sure how much we want to shop again but it's too cold for a  park.  We'll see.

I got to go into the Canadian Embassy not once but twice!  Was familiar with handing over my phone, going through security one at a time and being frisked ;)  Mr. Yang came after me.  Eric stayed in the car with the kids.

Had a chance to chat with Mr.Yang while we waited.  When we adopted Jia he said he did Fei's adoption but he wasn't our guide so I told him no I didn't think so.  Today he told me that he remembered us in a  large group, two buses, turns out he was the bus driver then, not a guide.  Cool.  That explains why with Jia's adoption we weren't sure if he was a guide or a driver. 

He has been working adoption for 10 years and Luk is only the second boy he has processed.  He is delighted for us and for Luk.  

We have all paperwork in hand for Luk!   Just killing time until we get on the plane!  Can't wait to see Lili and Fei!  Can't wait for Fei to take on some of the burden of chatting with Jia.  She does NOT stop.  Fei, Jia is really getting excited to see you.  Lili, Jia treats Luk a bit
like you treat her.  Nice (sarcasm).  Jia says Luk has stinkyosis and sqeals when he touches her.  Fun times.

Luk is doing so great.  He is happy.  He cuddles and is interacting more and more.  He babbles a lot now and sings.  He loves me to sing to him and play little piggie toes and itsey bitsey type songs.  He dances and waves his hands in the air to music.  Sometimes he likes to just hug and pull back and hug again and again.  It never seems to get old.  He is so sweet.  Not much chance for walking today.  New babies are so much fun.  Just when you think he can't get any cuter...he does.