Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

1st Day of University

She sent me her first day picture this morning before her first online class lecture.  
I drove to see her today after her class and an orientation.  I brought some food. We shopped for a couple lab supplies and went for dinner at Montanas.  In the spirit of still dieting I packaged up half of my meal for her to take home before we even started.  

She's made it a whole week. A little homesick but overall doing ok.  Her place is a bit warm during these hot days.  Her shower water shoots out the door, her back is hurting in the new bed, there are lots of new city noises to get used to.  She misses Jenny. But overall she is comfortable enough. She is settled and ready for school.  She's been getting to bed earlier in preparation for the busy schedule.  She's glad she went early.  She did meet a fellow in the building who is 2nd year biology major.  He friended her on Facebook.  She also tackled laudry today.  I'm proud.  

I'm busy enough to not be missing her every second of the day.  Still not in love with this stage but starting to accept that I might never prefer the kids growing up and leaving.