Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Food Delivery

Shannon bought me the perfect gift!  I had Minnie on my car but some branches whipped her off in a very undesirable area of town and I was way too scared to stop and go look for her.  Plus kids in the car.  Our lovely local who picks holes all over his face was right there bleeding.  I have to ask the kids to close their eyes on the way home sometimes.  Our world is just so sad.  Anyways.  We were all missing our Minnie and since there is no Disneyland any time soon very little hope of getting a new one.  Shannon however cleverly thought to order me a set online ;)  Such joy putting her on before dropping the kids at school on Monday.  She got me a Mickey too! I hesitate to put him on the van, since the van is technically not mine anymore and Eric has removed my other things from it. The van now has no identifying items, guess how many white Caravans are out there?!  It's definitely hard to pick out in a crowd.  I just watched a movie the other day called The Sleepover that has a fabulous mini van scene.  It's even a Caravan.  The movie is silly.  Luk would LOVE it, just enough potty humor to appeal.  I have told Eric he needs to see the mini van chase though.  
Jia sent me this...I was out for the evening and they were waiting.  Awe.  Fei and I took some frozen meals and picked up the meals Gramma had for her and took them to Nanaimo.  We were supposed to pick her up and have some Taco Bell but she was stuck in a zoom lab with a partner that was taking way longer than expected so we just brought her dinner instead.  She ran downstairs had a quick hug, took the groceries and meals up and brought the cooler bags down.  4 minutes with my girl this week.  She called last night just before 9, the lab had just been turned in. Late soggy dinner for her. There were some folks who tried to make me feel better about her moving out by telling me I'd see more of her.  Nope.  That is definitely not the case.  She is doing well enough.  I think.  She is managing the living alone, the online school part and doing decent with her grades.  Yet to be seen if she can keep the grade point high enough.  She is definitely putting in the time and effort.  It's hard for sure.  Easy to see why the failure rate is so high.  
So happy to see Jia looking like a little kid again.  She is growing up way too fast. That hoodie is even softer than it looks.
Orange Shirt Day.  Every child matters.  Except my kids...they matter more.  Joking and totally serious all at once.  I shouldn't be glib.  Of course we care.  

Millie updates continue, she is eating, drinking, using the litter, exploring and playing through the night with toys.  Sounds like it's going great considering how wild she was.  Couldn't ask for more.  Her new Mama is being patient.  Millie has been out in plain view so not totally hiding.  I think it's sounding like this might work.  Can't wait to hear about actual contact.