Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, September 18, 2020

Y2K

I seriously don't know what I'm preparing for.  The shelves are empty again.  I want to have some supplies, I don't want to hoard or be unfair. I'd prefer the brands that work for us. The plan of attack is two to three months of personal supplies, four months of pet food and three to four weeks in food.  Changing pet diets is hard so I'd rather not have to.  Easy for the kids to eat differently if need be. We don't eat much canned food.  Not even sure what to buy really. Kids could all likely eat Spaghetti every day ;) I'm online making survivalist lists.  Seems reminiscent of preparing for the end of the world.  This time I'm not stocking up on batteries or trying to protect the land from marauders.  We're still limited to two items of things so this weekend I'm heading to multiple stores.  At least my mind is busy.  
We've never bought sooo many cans of food before!

I admit that for many many years I've been cavalier about emergency preparedness.  With the moho out there ready to roll we are always all set with a second home.  Realistically it likely only has a day or two of food in there though.  I also don't have much of a kitchen pantry so we don't keep much stocked for the most part.  

What are you all doing?  How prepared for a disaster are you?  What comes next in this pandemic.  Record number of covid being recorded in our province.  Do we use any of this hoard and replenish? Or just forget it's there and carry on?