Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Kai is 9 today!

You guys...seriously...this kid loves his Birthday beyond anything we've ever seen.  I don't think he had much clue before being with us but presents, balloons and cake were enough to convince him Birthdays are the best.  So much so that he gets up and asks daily "school today?" followed by "my Birthday today?"  E V E R Y SINGLE DAY.  Yesterday Eric told him tomorrow.  He met me at the door jiggling, grinning and dancing when I got home.  Imparting his news that it's his Birthday tomorrow.  I've never seen such joy.  

This morning he asked for colored cereal for breakfast.  Frooty Whirls (Walmart brand Froot Loops).  I'll post the other fun stuff later.  In the meantime, just know that Kai is having the best day ever just because it's his Birthday.  And yes...that does sort of make me want to declare a Birthday week so we can extend the fun but we won't.  Best to just enjoy the one day.  We do have a lot of days coming up for him to ask daily about when his 10th Birthday is ;)

The best part of today...no more booster seat for Kai!  20 more days for Luk. 
He has been asking for a DS and a Pokemon game for it. I ordered the game online and they came in time!  Dreams coming true today.  Also have a Nintendogs for him which I think he will really like.  Luk is getting his early today so they can learn and play together.  I suspect this will monopolize the camping weekend.  He's also been telling everyone he is getting a Hot Wheels track.  Which we already have. We didn't buy another one.  We broke it to him for the 20th time or so last night and he cried for the 20th time or so.  Clearly there are communication issues.  Hopefully the stash here will appease?  

Eric is taking him to DQ to get an ice cream cake today.  Let the Birthday fun continue!  

On the Lili front...I'm not thoroughly enjoying this stage yet.  I prefer them all at home.  Most of you know Lili isn't much for cooking.  She sent a picture of last night's dinner.  Proving fruit and veggie included.  The sandwich was hummus and cucumber.  Love it.