Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, August 2, 2021

A weekend at home.

Cheerio time. 
So, crazy hoarder man let me into a little bit of his hoard this weekend.  Oy.  He needs help sorting the last of it. 

My office is moving home.  Big changes coming up for us.

The office is going in our bedroom.  So the stuff in there needs to move into the storage room that is Eric's old workshop. He previously had dealt with the bulk of it.  But now that I need the actual storage room functioning as a storage room he has to finish the job.
Soooo many little treasures.  Bits and bobs. 
Cans, boxes and drawers full of assorted little things.  I did ask at one point if it was really a good idea for our marriage to show me his collection.  Haha.  He agreed probably not.
The keep pile is very small.  Haha.  I'm brutal.  If he's keeping it I make him tell me what it is, where and how he will use it and if it's easily replaceable if it turns out he actually needs it one day.

I do realize it seems strange to move the office to our room. Definitely not romantic.  However.  It's the least amount of change and upheaval for all of us.  Power and wifi already there.  Space not currently being used. It's a pretty space.  I'll be able to look out the big windows and see the view and driveway.  My bathroom is close.  The door locks and can shut out kids and animals.  The dogs can lounge in bed and be near me.  Esmei will have me closer during the day. I can use a room divider if need be.

I'm not thrilled about working from home yet. I'm a bit concerned that I'll never get dressed or leave again.  Semi-retired. 
Albi broke his ankle.  Eric had to drive the gelato truck to a wedding at Providence.  I had to drive them back at the end.  I got to enjoy some good people watching with some oreo gelato in the shade. 
Mom sent this picture of Poppy shopping at Home Depot.
Esmei has been exploring more than usual.  She turned 6 last week.  With the gates on the front porch and on the back deck we've been leaving doors open.  She's starting to join us when it's quiet.  I was surprised that she joined the dogs in the side yard though.  Then had to coax her in because I'm really not sure she knows how to get back in the house on her own.

I've come up with another Chihuahua ramp plan to get the little ones into the dog pen already out there, so they can freely go outside and potty while being fully protected.  Eric doesn't have any better ideas.  Yay me.  No clue when he'll get to the project.  The original plan was to protect the whole side yard but that seems daunting. My plan involves just a wee door, ramp and chute over the walkway to the pen.
No clue what is up with her.  She is a huge personality.  It will be fun to spend more time with her in the new office space.
Movie night.  9 of us out to see Jungle Cruise.  Good movie.  A bit much for Luk and Kai.  They were petrified through parts.  Think Swiss Family Robinson meets Pirates of the Caribbean.  
Fei brought the snuffle mat down for Poppy to try.  I hadn't bothered trying with Finn yet because I didn't think it was something he'd figure out.  Darned if he didn't though!  He was sooo proud when he found one, well, I was pretty proud too.  
In typical Eric fashion, instead if getting back to the unpleasant sorting and dealing in the basement he's spent two days painting and prepping the little deck off my pink room.  No clue why right now.  A guess would be he thinks it will make my space/suite nicer when I'm working from home or it's just a compete avoidance thing ;)  

He's also thinking he'll mow the lawn today.  Yikes.  I'm against this plan.  The yard is incredibly dry.  Why risk a gas spark if you don't need to?!

The air was pretty smokey last night.  Happy it's clear today.  Max was over again last night for a sleepover. He just left.  Pretty sure they were up late and Missy will sleep half the day away.