Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Snuffles

Coco has figured out how to ask for the snuffle mat.  She gets so excited when she finds a Cheerio that she flips it in the air, pounces on it and leaps about and Sasha eats it.  Sasha snuffles, finds and eats.  
They're so cute.  
Boy cat drama.  Oliver has been throwing up for several days.  He first threw up a whole hummingbird.  Then couldn't hold down his cat kibble.  I took him to the vet yesterday.  Worried he might be dehydrating or have an intestinal block.  We're still waiting for blood work results but the vet felt he likely had bad bird syndrome.  Yup, that's a thing.  Likely ate a bad bird.  Asophogus likely scratched.  He is on pain meds, inflammation support, anti nausea meds and something to increase his appetite.  He also came home with medicated wet food.  He was deemed very pretty, a super nice boy and crazy healthy.  I had considered giving him wet food during the vomiting so I was on the right track and ended up panicking.  In the news they've told us hummingbird feeders are dirty and it's making the birds sick.  So of course my panic was that Oliver had salmonella.  We also have someone marking with pee in the house.  We aren't sure who but are thinking possibly Walter.  His stomititis is acting up again and this could be connected.  So he went in yesterday too.  But his bladder was empty so both of them stayed in vet jail all day.  He was also declared beautiful and super friendly and very healthy and his mouth/stomitis looked OK.  Vet also said his pee looked perfect so he isn't anticipating anything showing up in the blood work.  So $560 dollars to find out they're both all good.  Head bonk.  We need a veterinarian in the family.  Trying to get a bowl to Oliver is tricky.  Jenny and Walter really think they should get a turn.  
Esmei still can't resist getting in boxes.  Coco was super confused about this.  

I got up at 5 on Sunday.  Had to book camping for the May long weekend at 7 and was anxious.  I was logged on.  Had already made a list of sites we fit in that were going to open up.  And seriously in 2 seconds they were taken.  Then I was knocked out.  Got back in.  Got a site I don't like in my cart and it crashed.  Got back in, nothing available.  Spent another hour plus looking for a site anywhere.  Nope.  I texted camping friends there was nothing and took myself back to bed.  Sigh.  Certainly zero point in upgrading our moho this year.  It's going to be tough finding spots as a whole and I wouldn't be looking to travel around BC this summer without reservations.  I finally went back into the site a while later and booked a weekend at Goldstream.  Four days after a previous camping trip to Miracle Beach.  I prefer to space them so we alternate camping weekends with home weekends.  But this is clearly going to be a different kind of year.  Grateful to have a spot at all I guess.  It was definitely a down day of sadness for me.  Girls were sleeping in, boys didn't want to go anywhere.  Eric took me to Chemainus for pie.  We tried banofee pie.  Caramel with fresh banana layered and topped with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles.  This one is worth the drive ;)  We were politely sharing our piece of pie bite for bite but I'm pretty sure we both wanted to grab it away from the other and have it all.  Haha. Then we picked up lunch and ate at the water.  We came home and an old friend dropped by so we had an hours long catch up so that was nice to help move me out of my funk.  

My flex day was busy.  Lots of errands.  Finally got in the bank to open an account for Kai.  Made an appointment for mid April to find out how "we're richer than we think".  Retirement planning.  How can we be at that age to be thinking about this?!  

Fei got two acceptances to University. For both of her back up plans.  I don't love how VIU handles this part.  Both girls move out in five months.  The count down is on.  I'm already sad about it and excited for them at the same time.