Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Solving our biggest problem.

It was crazy hat day today at school.  The boys teacher had the kids make paper hats last week.  Today Kai was up at 5.  I didn't realize it was because he was excited.  I mean it's just hats.  Then when I dropped the kids at school Kai leaped out yelling "Yay, Party, Ice Cream!".  I said "oh no buddy, I don't think there's ice cream".  Then quickly looked at Luk who said no there wasn't.  Kai was distraught and ran away from us bawling.  I called Eric.  He agreed I should alert the school.  I emailed his EA.  She let me know the principal was giving ice cream to the hat winners.  Oy.  So we made sure to have ice cream treats here tonight for Kai.  He brought his hat home and was absolutely delighted to finally have his ice cream.  I spent a half hour on the phone today with a friend whose son was in emerg most of yesterday because he's suicidal.  So I'm feeling super crazy grateful that our biggest problem today was ice cream!  In other news...Lili and Fei's two room suite is approved for September and Dr. Bonnie is allowing groups of 10 to gather outside.  Yay!!
Luk made breakfast today :)  Tonight he came grocery shopping with Eric and I.  He was a big help.