Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Walter Update

A different vet called yesterday.  He does have crystals in his urine.  His stomititis has moved to his bladder.  I had no idea that was a thing. Yikes.  Poor little boy.  A diet change for him and then the hard part, vet feels the auto immune flares are brought on by stress.  We have no clue how to alleviate stress for a cat.  Walter puts himself in the middle of ALL activity. They're suggesting anti anxiety meds or finding him a quieter home situation.  Walter is a BIG personality and a whole family favorite.  He's my guy.  I can not even begin to imagine rehoming him. I also can not stand the idea that he's in pain.   

I've never met another soul with a stomititis cat.  1% of cats have his condition.  It's a colony disease.  

Day by day.  

In other news, Oliver is doing great.  Taking his meds like a champ and eating again.  
The shed that was just moved is being repurposed into a carport for Mom.
Angel wings arrived in the mail for the tiny angels. They're a harness, leash set.
Blissfully enjoying some sun in her eyes.  We're not so sure this one should have angel wings.  Haha. Our little terror on the go.  I hope everyone knows I jest.  However, yesterday she chewed three corners on my tablet cover and decimated the charging cord.  My fault for leaving it on the bed. Mom...any chance you still have the charging cord from your dead Huawei tablet?  🤣
Porch parties continue as a thing.  Eric hasn't had time to set up the back deck.  On the weekend we bought carpet and an overhead gazebo heater for the new deck roof out there.