Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

And Halloween Starts

Costume #1 for dance class tonight.
Kobeni Higashiyama from Chainsaw Man.
This was yesterday for school.  The little pig tails. 

So, I got a call on Monday afternoon letting me know Luk was booked for surgery the next day. Good Lord.  I started thinking out loud about feasibility.  No tap, no ferry reservation, not enough time to arrange a hotel.  Appointments to cancel. Could I realistically get myself and Luk there immediately?  I mean ya' maybe. These measures should be for emergencies though.  So, I declined as the booking girl was telling me she would look for another date.  Sheesh.  Now I sort of a little bit regret not taking the fast date and getting the casting over and done with. We're back to waiting.

Yesterday was Kai's iep meeting.  10 people.  It went better than usual.  More positives than usual. Vision issues are being attentioned. His teacher is great at looking for adaptions and seems keen to keep Kai in the class engaging in some way with his classmates. We left feeling way better than the usual despair.

Today Luk came home and told me he watched Kai play baseball at lunch with help from his friend Kaleb.  That sounds incredible.  I wish I'd been there to see it.

Kai seemed happy to tell us about the baseball, including lots of his new tik, tounge clucking. Fun.  It's been happening for a few days.  Time to stomp this one out before the habit is super hard to break.  Tiks are a funny thing.  Most of them seem harmless to start but as they settle in they definitely can get super annoying.  The scary part about stopping a tik is that you just don't know what's coming next. Often we find ourselves missing an old tik when a new one is worse.  The clucking started at the end of sentences  but has morphed into mid sentence and that is pretty weird.  People are going to notice.  

Lili just called.  She's just met with an advisor.  Looking at her graduation trajectory. She declared her major. BBA in Finance. Graduation Dec 2024.  She's found a friend group and joined a school group for networking. She's finally getting some of the university experience she was hoping for.

Cheese has been closed up and is in the garage. I miss the daily updates. I did order a v12 acuator yesterday to lift the roof up. That's pretty exciting.  I'm just too short to do it on my own. 

I think that's the bulk of today's news.