Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Thrifting

Eric and I took cookies to Mom today for her actual Birthday.  Then we took some time to poke around my favorite thrift store.  We found fun stuff to wear when we go see Elton John in 10 days!!
We bought Cat in the Hat gear for the cruise breakfast.  Kai is still a big fan of the cat and was SUPER excited about these things.  Luk wasn't so thrilled with his big tie but he's a good sport and he really likes the breakfast part ;)
A costume for Lili, our Christmas geek.
A costume for Fei.  The girls are super busy these days.  They don't have a ton of time for planning costumes.
Jia had her 1st electric guitar lesson today.  She was nervous but totally loved it and wants two lessons a week already.  Tonight is her hip hop minus Mya.  It's much nicer going tonight without anxiety.
I had originally thought the solo pop up trailer would be pink and purple and I found elephant bedding I was in love with.  It has quickly became more of a family unit and we're setting it up for 5.  So blue owls for accent it is ;)  Still super cute.  We got a few little kitchen things for Cheese at the thrift store too.  

Jia and I got the official word from the travel company that our China trip has been canceled re: covid protocol concerns in China.  Full refund.  Of course the visa card I paid with is canceled so we're muddling through this again.  

Last night I booked mine and Lili's hotel room at Disney.  Kings Inn again.  You'd think the thrill of going would lessen with trips but nope. I get excited every time.  Lili is on a food mission.  She's planning to eat all the favorites.  Haha.  Pretty much impossible.  

Children's just called with an mri date for Luk.  Oct 30, a Sunday at 3.  I can get there and back in one day!!  I briefly considered going Sat and doing a night away with the family.  However, none of us wants to be in Vancouver.  I booked ferries there and back and arranged for a tap form.  So efficient today.

As I was going to the front deck to eat my dinner in the sun I saw Jia's bully Mya walking up the driveway.  She came to apologize.  Brave girl.  She was so nervous.  Eric questioned her 1st "why are you here?".  I skulked keeping my eye on them.  Jia did go out to talk with her.  It was painfully awkward.  We're all left not sure how we feel.  How much redemption do we give?  I mean 3 years of racial comments don't go away.  For now let's all just pray today is the end.