Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Next Installment of the Bully Saga

The bullies Dad called me.  It was super awkward.  I already knew Mya had left the hip hop class so I personally didn't feel there was much left to talk about.

He said some things right in small ways. Admitting Mya has a hard time with empathy, kindness and keeping her comments to herself. That he and the step Mom made it clear to her that she was moving out of the class, so accepting her part in it.  He said she'd been in tears for 3 days about it.  I suspect more because she was caught again.  However, he was clear he doesn't like using the word bully because they are girls learning to be women and they have to figure out ways to get along.  Hmmm.  I interjected that I felt the situation required Jia avoiding Mya flat out.  There is nothing to work out.  One of the two kids needs to just shut up.  Sigh.

So, I thanked him for calling.  Said I was glad Mya had moved classes. It's a small town I'm sure they'll run into each other again.  We are neighbors, they're literally across the street and the girls have friends in common.  Not once, ever, have I heard about Jia saying anything mean to Mya.  

The call was unsatisfying.  I have a zillion better responses now.  I think he missed a lot of the point.  Ultimately though, it's clear their hands are full dealing with their kid and this is no where near the first time for him having to make the call.

It's 2 in the morning and I'm listening to May and Jia chatting non stop in the livingroom.  I might have to go make sure there is some sleeping going on during this sleep over.