Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, October 2, 2022

New beds for the boys.

So, several things going on here. Luk won't be able to climb to his bunk with casts and afo's.  Luk needs a new mattress in general.  I need a foam twin for the big cheese so we want to steal Kai's and upgrade his too. The boys super low/toddler height beds were built into bunks but I'm doubtful they'll come apart so nicely.  The girls all had/have antique beds painted white.  I want the boys to move into a more manly dark wood versus the white they have.  Since we don't know when Luk's botox surgery will take place I'd rather be prepared.  So my down time being sick left me time to shop online.  I found matching antique twin beds from 1940 for a crazy low price. Eric was less then impressed with my plan.  He sees driving to Saanichton, taking the trailer, loading, unloading, assembling and dealing with the old beds.  I get it.  However, when shopping in the used market there isn't time to ruminate.  So, we went this morning to pick them up. The boys were about as excited as Eric.
We did get lunch out. It wasn't all that I'd hoped.  My taste and smell is off, not totally gone but not working right either.  
The beds even came with never used twin linen and duvet sets in cream.  I'm not sure about using it for the boys.  They don't seem to care, looks boring to me.  I think they see it like hotel linens.  
Gorgeous day out there but we're done. The TV is on already.

I'm feeling a lot better but have a deep horrible cough. Eric hasn't caught this yet. I think he feels like it's coming so he's been working overtime each day trying to catch up.

We have a bunch of appointments this week.  We're already looking forward to Friday.