Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, November 11, 2022

9 hours extra at the ferry terminal.

Lili slept on the plane, so did her neighbor.  Haha.  They cuddled for half the trip. I did NOT get frisked or have my backpack searched!!!
So, last minute before we left I booked a ferry reservation for 8:15.  I figured we'd be much earlier but just in case, so we wouldn't end up stuck.  I never book return trips.  It's too hard to know when we'll return.  We rolled up at 4. We were advised to come back for our reservation because on standby we were unlikely to get on.  Tswassen Mills was fun for 3 hours then we headed back at 7 to line up. Except...I totally screwed up...and booked the wrong side.  EEK.  So we ended up on standby anyways except much further behind in the line.  Arg.  We sadly did not make the last ferry. A LOT of us were turned out to go through for a refund and turned out again.  We were advised to immediately line up again because they were full all the next day.  I said we should go get gas, just down the road, we were advised not to as we'd lose our spot.  We had half a tank, so 3 hours running time and it was freezing. 
We were surrounded by a lot of waiting people and they just kept arriving through the night.  We had food, water and there was a porta potty.  We dug through our luggage and layered up. It was pretty funny and totally surreal.  Honestly though, it was way easier a situation than torrential rain off and on all day at Disneyland.  We had to turn the car on every so often to warm up.  
7 layers, a shirt tied on my head for a bonnet hat and my Lulu leggings as a scarf.  Also a pic-nic blanket. 

The terminal opens again at 4am. Staff come and bang on the windows.  We did manage to get some sleep. We also made it on the first ferry.  Soooo good to be home.  Soooo good to be warm.  
I left Eric a list. So cute, he actually used it.