Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, November 25, 2022

Covid vaccines.

Five of us went to Victoria this morning for covid and flu shots.  Not fun.  Google maps will NOT take you to 950 Kings Road.  The staff all know it.  So stupid.  They could at least change their web page to tell you that!!  We used up all of our buffer time. 
Kai couldn't figure out how to show us his bandages.  Luk helped. Then Luk didn't want his picture taken.  We went to Noodle Box for lunch.  None of us liked our food, at all, none of us finished our lunch. Very disappointing. Luk kindly switched with me.  My no spice was way too spicy for me.  I ate his kids meal.
His model pose.
So funny stuff in the too much info category.  Once we got there we were ushered through fairly quickly.  Luk mentioned he needed a washroom as he was being ushered into his chair. I said no time, you'll be done in a minute.  Except he really meant he was already past due for a change.  He bravely took the shots and got up so Eric could take him to the washroom.  He left a puddle on his chair.  Ugh.  So I calmly dug in my purse for wipes and the nurse calmly got wipes and we were both ready to wash the chair at the same time.  I let her know spina bifida and she was all 'no problem, I'm from peds'.  Then Kai sat down and screamed the second she touched his arm but then didn't even flinch for the needles.  He immediately leapt up loudly setting off the Kai alarm that he needed the bathroom.  Jia was being ushered to the adult side, Eric brought a freshened up Luk and took Kai away.  So, I get seated, get shots.  Eric comes back with Kai.  I look at Jia because she's next and she stares at my chair so I look at the chair and it has a wet spot on it.  Yikes.  From me?!  I look at the male nurse, he looks at Jia, then the chair.  We all look at each other.  Total silence.  I have no idea why the seat is wet. So we just all awkwardly carried on.  Jia and Eric got their shots at different stations and we left.  Sigh. All moments in chaos and confusion. What the heck. I keep bursting out laughing every time I think of Jia's face looking at my chair.  Full on horror.  And she's dressed in a cosplay.  Hahaha.
Kai fell asleep in the Bell store.

After lunch we stopped at a Bell store and upgraded Eric's phone. Then because we hit black Friday deals we did mine too.  While phones were transferring we went to Walmart.  Shoes for Luk, long sleeve black shirt for Eric and black pants for Kai.  Now we're ready for the family photo on Sunday. I also got the rest of the obligation gifts done.  Feeling pretty organized for Christmas.  
Showing the back of Jia's new cosplay.